British GT Championship Donington 2018

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
A last minute decision to drive down to Donington on Sunday for the final round of the 2018 British GT Championship. Nice and sunny weather and a healthy crowd made for a very entertaining afternoon. No media access this time so these were all shot from the spectator side of the fence.

1. Crowds

2.Sunny

3. Watching

4. Chasing

5. Damage

6. Does this work?

7. Dust

8. Heat haze

Wow, they're all amazing, #1 and #3 I love (for the same reason, love these "blurred background as canvas on which to paint a car" shots), #7 #8 and #13 are also great, the hot brakes in #12 is a great capture ...

.. but my answer to #6 is I'm not sure, there's perhaps just too much going on in the background?

Wow, they're all amazing, #1 and #3 I love (for the same reason, love these "blurred background as canvas on which to paint a car" shots), #7 #8 and #13 are also great, the hot brakes in #12 is a great capture ...

.. but my answer to #6 is I'm not sure, there's perhaps just too much going on in the background?

Thanks Mark much appreciated. I wasn't sure about #6, I always find it interesting to see what people think about images I'm not sure about. I just looked back having walked up the hill by the Old Hairpin and thought the view was nice so I tried to capture it. It is quite a busy photo with the car very small in the frame. I'm not sure the burger van helps either.

I'm not sure the burger van helps either.

Yep the burger van instantly draws the eye and you have to take a second glance to see the race car, if the van + cars + people weren't there it'd be lone race car against a big background and would actually be more powerful as a result, IMO.

Great set. I really like 10 and 12 as it's something different to what I usually do, great variation too. I must try harder to vary my images, I think I'll have to take my 150-600mm next time too to get some close ups like this. Thanks for the inspiration (y)

Some great images there #5 is a terrible thing to do to a Bentley ;).
I love puff of mud in #7 and #13 is very clever to make it look like they're off roading :)

Thank you. That Bentley was even more battered by the end of the race, the grill coming loose was just the start!

Great set. I really like 10 and 12 as it's something different to what I usually do, great variation too. I must try harder to vary my images, I think I'll have to take my 150-600mm next time too to get some close ups like this. Thanks for the inspiration (y)

Thank you. 10 was shot at 350mm and 12 was shot at 400mm so that's well within what your 150-600 could do. I'm tempted to try one of these 150-600mm lenses, sometimes I'd like to have more reach, and I'd be using the lens at its extremities less so my image quality would be higher. I've had my 120-400 Sigma for about 9 years so I'm due something new.

Nice set Rich. I like #3 as it is something a bit different, really like the thought behind #6 but a shame about the mid ground (burger bar, cars and vans etc) everything else I like about it, especially the landscape and sky in the distance. #7 is cool as well, love shots of cars exploring the track limits. Looks like the light was way better for you on Sunfay tham it was on Saturday as I struggled a bit with it being very dull!

Nice set Rich. I like #3 as it is something a bit different, really like the thought behind #6 but a shame about the mid ground (burger bar, cars and vans etc) everything else I like about it, especially the landscape and sky in the distance. #7 is cool as well, love shots of cars exploring the track limits. Looks like the light was way better for you on Sunfay tham it was on Saturday as I struggled a bit with it being very dull!
I definitely took the camera on the wrong day too, Saturday was miserable. I did just enjoy watching the racing on Sunday though (y)

Back