Critique British GT Championship + Supports at Spa

Name
Nicholas
Edit My Images
No
A bit late because I have been busy but here are some of the best photos from my first ever visit to Spa.

1) I went to Spa prepared for a big place with lots of hills but the scale and gradient change at the place is astonishing. Here are some Ginetta GT5 Challenge cars experiencing it first hand.

GGT5C_Spa-Francorchamps-10713
by Nicholas Smith, on Flickr

2) I had an absolute pig getting anywhere as I couldn't find unlocked gates and the shuttle bus was almost invisible. So a lot of my shots were either in public areas or at Bruxelles - Double Gauche area of the track. F3 cars entering the corner with no name:

BRDCF3_Spa-Francorchamps-11007

3) I pretty much shot this one with my eyes shut, expecting to be dodging bits of Volkswagen at very little notice. They all made it through La Source intact though.

VWRC16_Spa-20060

4) We had lots of friends come to play this time out, with five Blancpain GT3 cars getting track time ahead of the 24 and an impressive grid of European GT4 cars coming out too.

BGT_Spa-Francorchamps-11992

5) Access up Eau Rouge was very restricted. I shot mainly through windows in the fence but some kind marshals let me stand behind their hut in a red zone so that I could get a clear shot on Eau Rouge without Joe Public jostling my elbow.

BGT_Spa-Francorchamps-12323

6) Even GT 4 cars were fully committed thorough Eau Rouge which astounded me. I thought they would be lifting or even braking before the corner.

BGT_Spa-Francorchamps-12503

7) I love the pit in angle at Spa.

BGT_Spa-Francorchamps-13446

8) Final GT shot.

BGT_Spa-Francorchamps-13552

#5 a clear winner for me too. Spa looks such a good circuit for photography, not sure how easy it is in reality ?

A great set, I do love the GT cars at Spa. My only comment would be angles, some of them might be ever so slightly better if they were straighter? Although having shot at Spa I know how hard it can be

@Neil. I'm hoping its better on big events, which the British GT and Funcup isn't. Im planing on doing WEC next year there so Ill be able to give a better idea of the access on a big event.

And thanks guys, I'm partial to #5 too. As for the angles, nowhere at that circuit isn't uphill!

Back