British GT Championships

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I make no bones about my dislike of Silverstone Circuit. Generally I find the attitude to photographers unwelcoming.
Credit where it is due though, I persevered this Saturday and spent a paltry £15 on quite an enjoyable day.
Roaming around in the sweltering afternoon sun, I chatted to some friendly Marshall's who were more than accommodating and even encouraged us to stand in places I have usually been asked to sling my hook from.
I guess one man's health and safety rule varies hugely from another.

1. Aston Martin launch their new range of Lawnmowers...
Beechdean AMR Aston Martin V12 Vantage by John Jesney, on Flickr
2. An Aston that kept to the track...
TF Sport Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 by John Jesney, on Flickr
3. What else would you do with a Bentley Continental? (What a sound!!)
Team Parker Racing Bentley Continental GT3 by John Jesney, on Flickr
4. Murfitt's Merc
Fox Motorsport Mercedes AMG GT4 by John Jesney, on Flickr

Great shots. #2 would've looked even better if you could get down lower and get more of the blue grandstand seating in the frame to compliment the colour of the Aston but if I'm right in thinking, that's the Luffield/Brooklands complex so you're above the tracking on the other side anyway? Still much crisper than I'm managing lately mind!

Silverstone is a 2hr drive from me and I'm always wary of going on my own (don't mind the driving, it's the all alone feeling when there) but I've been to Donington by myself and was perfectly fine. Thinking I need to man up and get down to Silverstone next year for the BGT & Blancpain rounds as I'm becoming more of a fan of the GT racing (How can a 6hr race be more exciting the entire way through than an F1 race where it is the "pinnacle" of motorsport and drivers are meant to give it everything they've got??

Last edited:
Great shots. #2 would've looked even better if you could get down lower and get more of the blue grandstand seating in the frame to compliment the colour of the Aston but if I'm right in thinking, that's the Luffield/Brooklands complex so you're above the tracking on the other side anyway? Still much crisper than I'm managing lately mind!

Silverstone is a 2hr drive from me and I'm always wary of going on my own (don't mind the driving, it's the all alone feeling when there) but I've been to Donington by myself and was perfectly fine. Thinking I need to man up and get down to Silverstone next year for the BGT & Blancpain rounds as I'm becoming more of a fan of the GT racing (How can a 6hr race be more exciting the entire way through than an F1 race where it is the "pinnacle" of motorsport and drivers are meant to give it everything they've got??

You've still got the 6-hour WEC race in August this year, that's some of the finest racing you'll see in any series, anywhere.

You've still got the 6-hour WEC race in August this year, that's some of the finest racing you'll see in any series, anywhere.
Damn, forgot about WEC, I'm not too interested in the LMP cars, though Nando Alonso & Button is part of the line-up, so a unique opportunity, but a chance to get some photos of the Ford GT's! I'm not sure I can miss that.

Nice work mate... it was tough in the heat [emoji31] my fireproofs smell ripe

Thanks mate, pleasantly surprised on this trip, too much info on the fireproofs though

Very nice shots, number 1 is my fave great capture

Thanks, right place right time when he span off.

Thanks Tom, the grandstand in the back is I think Becketts, the panning shot is just before the Chicane, I was at the lowest I could.Any lower and I would have been behind the concrete barrier . Get yourself down there

Really liking 1 crisp action shot.

Thanks mate

Back