British GT Donington

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Bit late with these but as it was the last race of the season I'm working my way through them slowly. My first trip to Donington for many years despite it being my closest track. Most of the comments I've read about Donington in the past have been negative but I was pleasantly suprised by what I found.

As always C&C welcomed.

1. The sky was a bit flat for this angle on Saturday morning but I think it works ok in black and white?

#101 Balfe Motorsport McClaren 650S GT3 Donington Park British GT 2018
by Mark Dolphin, on Flickr

#7 Team Parker Racing's Bentley Continental GT3 British GT Donington Park 2018

3. Not quite sure about the composition but this is the closest I've got to a decent start shot yet. Thanks to Jonny for not standing 6 inches to his right, there were plenty of people around me cursing as the accredited guys turned up in front of us (as is their right) just in time to block what they thought was going to be a great view.

The start of the Donington Round of the British GT 2018

4. I'm going to miss the V12 Vantage next year but I'm looking forward to the new V8 GT3.

#11 TF Sport Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 - British GT Donington Park 2018

5. The varying elevation at Donington allows for plenty of different angles.

#47 Vantage GT3, Jetsteam Motorsport -Donington 2018

6. This looks even more brutal from the back than it does from the front.

#69 Barwell Motorsport Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - British GT Donington Park 2018

7. Really hope Nicki's back next year in the V8

Nicki Thiim lights em up at the final British GT race of the 2018 Season at Donington Park

8. Think this car actually looks better with the battle scars

#47 Jetsteam Motorsport Vantage GT3 British GT Donington 2018

Thanks for looking.

Really great set, all nicely composed with spot on processing. #6 is the pick for me because of the amount of detail and the exhausts glowing red hot

Hahaha great set man.... I always feel bad doing that but somtimes I can't help it, we gotta get the shot (that's why we are there)... I apologise to anyone I did stand in front of :confused:

Thanks. You‘ve got to do what you’ve got to do, I certainly don’t hold it against you [emoji106]. Good to finally meet you by the way

Really great set, all nicely composed with spot on processing. #6 is the pick for me because of the amount of detail and the exhausts glowing red hot

Thanks, still need to work on getting some wider shots I think. You had some good ones this time.

Nicely done (y)

Great set mate. I still haven't processed mine, but one I have uploaded made it into Flickr Explore yesterday.

Back