British GT #DoningtonDecider 2016

Name
Nicholas
Edit My Images
No
Here are some of my better shots from last weekend at Donington Park where British GT, Ginetta GT5, Volkswagen Racing Cup and BRDC British F3 all crowned their champions. Due to yet more dayjob buggery I only got to the Sunday so I did one session each of the F3, Ginettas and Volkswagens and both GT sessions.

1) Ginetta Champion - Actually crowned at Spa rather than at Donington but its season over so he can't be docked points anymore.

GGT5C16_DoningtonDecider-21802
by Nicholas Smith, on Flickr

2) A hard fought second place in the championship for Ricky Collard in BRDC F3.

BRDCF316_DoningtonDecider-22282

3) I'm no racing driver but I dont thing thats the right way to do this!!!

MSVWRC16_DoningtonDecider-22077

4) Jonny Adam became the first man ever to win back to back British GT3 titles, and the only man to ever win two titles with two different teams.

BGT_DoningtonDecider-23494

5) I am still hopelessly in love with this car, its stunning with a capital STUNNING.

BGT_DoningtonDecider-23570

6) Its not often I put a TC on the 300mm but I quite like this shot at 600mm f5.6 from public areas at the bottom of the melborne loop.

BGT_DoningtonDecider-23748

7) Our two race winners, neither in championship contention but the first time McLaren have taken victory in both GT4 and GT3.

BGT_DoningtonDecider-23767

8) One of a few single round visitors we had for the weekend, driving past BMI's head office.

BGT_DoningtonDecider-21534

C&C welcome, except on #6 where I know its slightly soft but thats the price of doing business when you have a cheap TC. Next year I'm getting a Canon one so I can do this better.

Great set 3,5 and 6 are my favourites.

Back