British GT - Snetterton

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
Hey everyone, so second round of the championship for me (3rd in the actual championship) - sunny for the most part as I've now ditched the curse of endless rain.

Here's a very small selection of my efforts - C&C most welcome as always (the more honest the better - don't hold back :D)

1. The busiest man in motorsport? (Jonny Adam)
Jonny Adam by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. A genuine shot that looks (to me at least, like a fake - some of you may have seen me bleeting on Facebook :D) - Only minor colour adjust applied in PS - otherwise all SOC with a CPL
Team ABBA with Rollcentre Racing - Mercedes AMG GT3 #88 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. Grid Girls still creep me out??? I'm sure they are lovely people
Grid Girl by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. Some guy getting ready.... (sorry actually no idea who it is, still learning the series :D)
British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. Barwell got a win in Race 1
Barwell Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 #33 driven by Jon Minshaw & Phil Keen by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. Me getting in the way during driver changes in Quali
Graham Johnson by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

7. I like the Mercedes AMG GT3 - I take far too many pictures of this car
AMDTUNING.COM with Cobra Exhausts - Mercedes AMG GT3 #30 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, again your thoughts are most welcome - Cheers!

Your cars are cool but your portraits are great! (y)(y)(y)
3. 4. 6. are really something… no specific order!

Your cars are cool but your portraits are great! (y)(y)(y)
3. 4. 6. are really something… no specific order!

Haha thanks mate, the whole pit portrait is still something quite alien to me, Its only really my third or forth time doing it so means a lot that you like the results

Have to agree with Kodiak, portraits are great, but the cars are fantastic!!!

Someone has got a bit of a thing for a Merc GT3 eh! They look stunning to be fair. Your pit shots are great, I'm really trying to work on mine, but I am finding it tough to 'see' the shots I want to make. I think with the more plain nature of classic racing helmets and overalls etc, it doesn't lend itself to the style I am after, you seem to have got it down though dude. 6 works really nicely (and I feel your pain about driver changes!! - so awkward haha)
Also a shout out for the Lambo, cheeky focus on the British GT section too. Strong work as ever dude!

Have to agree with Kodiak, portraits are great, but the cars are fantastic!!!

Thanks man :D

Someone has got a bit of a thing for a Merc GT3 eh! They look stunning to be fair. Your pit shots are great, I'm really trying to work on mine, but I am finding it tough to 'see' the shots I want to make. I think with the more plain nature of classic racing helmets and overalls etc, it doesn't lend itself to the style I am after, you seem to have got it down though dude. 6 works really nicely (and I feel your pain about driver changes!! - so awkward haha)
Also a shout out for the Lambo, cheeky focus on the British GT section too. Strong work as ever dude!

Guilty as charged, thanks mate... yea the pit stuff is still a whole new thing for me, very much shoot a lot and then see the pictures in post :D...

#7 is a beautiful shot!

thanks mate

Really nice shots Jonny. My fav is #4.

Cheers Stevie! :D

The car shots are cool Jonny, but I'm in agreement with those voting for the pit lane portrait shots......3 & 4 for me. Great depth to both of them, the focusing on the driver is spot on. Black and white works well for the grid girl, but I wouldn't mind seeing a colour version as well....just out of curiosity.

#2 for me, hands down. But if Shorty would allow the match I would propose marriage to that car, I think its the best looking race car British GT has ever had.

As for the mystery driver in the car. Judging by the Scuderia Ferrari logo, Blancpain scrutineering sticker and the little bit of GT Open I see on the side I would say thats Matt Griffin. I take it the car is the #21 Spirit of Race machine, (The only Ferrari in the field.)

Quality set Jonny with some great portraits, particularly like #6, lovely light.

Back