Critique British Museum

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been cleaning out old photos to clear some space on drives. I came across this one of the British Museum. I often do this building as a b&w as I find the shapes are often enough to capture my interest however the subtle colours of the sky and lighting on the roof structure made me think this is better in colour and worth keeping.

I should say I'm a structural engineer and this roof is one of my favourite structures- I could sit for hours and contemplate it whether I've got me camera or not

British Museum by Jim Tod, on Flickr

I don't know who, how, nor why a given
picture makes it to the front page of TP.

I am glad to see that the "selector-s" have
come to their senses and happy to see your
shot on there. Congratulations, Jim! (y)(y)(y)

Superb image. Loving that.

I think it's new threads with a photo in the first post that come up on that grid.

I do not understand your reply, Ben…
or how it could explain the selection.

The pictures shown there are pictures that are in the first post of a new thread. For example, if you started a new thread now with a picture in the first post, it would be placed in the top left of the grid of pictures.

So far, I saw that, Ben, but I'm talking about
Tod's picture lower on the home page!

Your shot represents TP far better, IMO, and it de-
serves this "honour". I really don't understand the
criteria behind these selections but that your shot
is there, that selection I agree with.

Superb image. The contrast between the building face and the roof structure, the few beams catching glints of light, the colours, it's all working.

Another fan here - a very striking image - the imposing geometric shapes & the shadows of them on the wall are excellent!

I used to work there. Early morning from the balcony was always great. Too many banners and clutter in the great court these days! I can remember climbing up to the roof and shooting the guys cleaning the roof with brooms and hoses.

Last edited:
Stunning image and for me one of the best I have seen on this page in a long long time

Back