British people using Americanisms

Some are, but you need to correct auto correct, you can't blame the Americans for everything!
Most things yes, but not everything :D
I do when I notice it has done it. ;)

Don't you mean wheel tappers and shunters club? :)

I loved that programme...The Comedians , especially the aforementioned Wheel Tappers and Shunters club sketch. .In my late teens I went to many northern clubs and saw these sort of acts. Russ Roberts was amongst that group..the Comedians . I was at school in Chester with a Robert ‘Bobby’ Turner’ and recall the Headmistress telling him to stop wasting time with his guitar and get stuck into his studies. I bumped into him in Chester, some years later I mentioned I was looking for a guitar to buy..ended up with a fiesta red Stratocaster ... he took me to his home in Christleton,Chester and all his guitar/amp gear was there. When I asked what it was all about he said he was an entertainer .They were about to go on a US tour Their drummer/singer was Russ Abbott ...originally Russ Roberts. I hope the Head met him in later life because he started and was the lead guitarist of The Black Abbotts ..Russ being the drummer/vocalist before his own career In comedy.

Back