Critique Brixham Breakwater

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
I went out hoping to capture some mist over the breakwater at sunset last night but unfortunately it wasn't to be! There have been some really low clouds of mist over the bay the last few days but it seems like I missed the boat!

Anyway i did get some captures of the sunset at various angles and one shot as I left at blue hour.

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/rRVAth']

[/url]

Last edited:
Sorry not an expert on landscapes but I know I love #1

#2 would clone out the plane cloud in the BG but the scene is lovely

#3 think the horizon can be pushed up a little more up the frame :D

Nice work Neil look forward to seeing more.

Sorry not an expert on landscapes but I know I love #1

#2 would clone out the plane cloud in the BG but the scene is lovely

#3 think the horizon can be pushed up a little more up the frame :D

Nice work Neil look forward to seeing more.

Thanks Bryn, yes i think you are right regards no3, sky could def be cropped more.

And yes, it didn't occur to me to clone the plane but it does detract being quite bright in the sky.

3 lovely images, but my favourite is number 2 by a country mile.
I would also close out the 'plane, but otherwise it's beautiful.

Another vote for number 2

I can't decide if it's a little underexposed ? but it has a very tranquil serene feel to it.

Really like the light in the first shot, nice and peaceful. Good stuff.
Thanks Stu

Another vote for number 2

I can't decide if it's a little underexposed ? but it has a very tranquil serene feel to it.
Thanks Phil, possibly a touch underexposed, pics always look darker on here though foursome reason, and I have a tendency to leave things a touch under i think?!. TBH I pushed all 3 as much as I could without looking unnatural to my eye, I also didn't want to lose the tones in the sky so this is how they ended up.

Great pictures, i would be proud to have taken them, this is what i am striving to get...what was the shutter speed of the first one.?

Great work these are very nice Neil, I like #3 as it is but would agree about the air plane streak in #2 being cloned out. #1 for me is right on the money.(y)

George.

Back