Brooding Glen Coe

Cracking shot!
Glen Coe never looks right in decent weather, it's a moody place and it needs a moody sky.

There is something odd going on with the furthest ridge and the top of the right hand side; they look washed out.
Might be worth giving them a contrast boost.

Love the composition; really impressed you managed to get that from a moving vehicle!

Thanks Duncan, yes the furthest ridge was a processing problem. I did what I thought was best using a gradient tool on a layer mask to get it right. Surprisingly it looks better on my big Mac screen than it does via Flickr. I shall look again at top right too to see if I can improve it.

Wow...just seen this on flickr. Lovely shot, detailed but seems to be slightly flat and a tad underexposed?

A view I have seen more times that I can remember and endlessly photographed. However, that shot is well up there at the top of my favourites list. The light, cloud and the mountains that seem to frown on us are captured well. These features are "just Glencoe". What is not typical is getting the lighting conditions like they were with the cloud base high enough to reveal the mountain tops.

One question - why did you not stop, get out and grab a load of shots ................. (y)

Neil, the under exposure is deliberate to enhance the atmosphere.
Arclight, needed to get from a to b in a hurry, no time to stop.

Back