Brown Bear watching August 2018

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I assume the cheapest place for me would be Europe (I live in England), any recommendations or warnings?

Posting to watch

The one bear "safari" I have read of was in Finland........hang on a mo......I think there was also one somewhere in eastern Europe (Czech Republic???)

Like you something that sounds like a great experience to go for

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but is there a recomended focal length for a trip for this?

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but is there a recomended focal length for a trip for this?
No problems, I read 70-200 minimum but up to 500. No idea if zoom or prime is better.

OK thank you!

I am not a wildlife photographer by any means but 160eur seems reasonable. I'd be up for taking a weekend to fly out and spending a couple of days attempting some of this! Would hire a telephoto for the job.

It does look good, I wonder if anywhere else is a possibility. I had heard of Romania as a possibility.

Morten Hilmer did a very good video on photographing bears from the hides in Finland recently - I can see the appeal of it, but I don't think I'd ever be comfortable with a business that baits large carnivores.

I've just come back from a trip with saker tours in the carpathian basin, great trip it was too, we had a guide taking us out and they have hides too to get close up photos of bears, I took a 400mm DO mk2 and a 70-200mm f/2.8. In the hides you shoot through special glass which didn't seem affect the image quality on my photos, any more info just give a hollah

Back