Brown Hare kit

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Out walking with a friend looking for a LEO owlet that was spotted locally, and as we exited a path through a field of wheat i just caught something in the corner of my eye . Yep not a owlet but a cute little leveret , so not what we hoping to see but never seen one so young so a nice consultation prize.

" by John, on Flickr

Leveret by John, on Flickr

Ha I'll take that as a second to an owl anyday. i've never seen one this small either John, fabulous buddy ,cheers especially for sharing just lovely to see this. :cool:

takecare

stu

I would take that more than an owl TBH, lovely experience. :)

Definitely got the cute award, just a shame it was not in a more photogenic location, but thought I would share.

Nice shots and great to see

I think I posted this before, there in the Gallery, only snaps.

View album 6746

Wow Rich that's a seriously cool find as well !! Buddy do you have any idea on age, it must be days old or less surely??

Wow Rich that's a seriously cool find as well !! Buddy do you have any idea on age, it must be days old or less surely??
No idea of age Stu. Still in the form/seat. Middle of a cereal field. Late February in North Yorkshire near Masham, much earlier than ‘usual’ for the area I would say. Didn’t move off, so yes, very young — not that adults move until you nearly step on them sometimes :). I didn’t see the mother.

Rich i realized i have seen a form, now i have seen your picks, but this was at a different location. Nice to see another kit.

Rich i realized i have seen a form, now i have seen your picks, but this was at a different location. Nice to see another kit.
Very much enjoyed your photo John. Forms do weather and so on, so can be non obvious and of course are often among taller crop where you are not likely to go. That was a pretty deep one, no doubt due to breeding. I think I have another snap of a form somewhere.

This a view showing what that form looked like from a distance. Not much more than a bit of bare earth, though at an angle to the crop lines. (I had permission to plod all over this crop :)).

View media item 107976

And this is a different one in Vale of York, not such stony ground as the other. Easy to miss but quite a distinctive shape.

View media item 107977

Back