Brown Rat

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
...Dining out on an Indian takeaway for lunch... can't decide if it's a chapati or naan, whatever it was it must have been good as they normally scurry away, but this one I got to about 6ft away.

brown-rat-9926.jpg

brown-rat-9932.jpg

The way he's looking at you, one foot closer to his takeaway and he'd have had you by the throat! :D

Nice fur detail retained.

Thanks Gramps. I see them quite often here at the mill pond, especially by this jetty where people come to feed the birds. I'm surprised, given how common brown rats are, that there aren't more images posted..

Some cracking images in there Gramps, I hoped the one I was watching might move off into the more natural looking part the lake to eat his dinner, but no he/she seemed quite content to just sit there and eat.

Well captured!! He's a big bugger!

Nice shot. I love that he is eating naan bread :D

This little chap below heard me coming and ran for cover, but within seconds was poking his head out and sniffing to see if the coast was clear...

1_zpsdywz8rjt.jpg

That's a bloody big rat you tell tell he not leaving much for the birds haha

Thanks everyone, yeah they normally scurry away whenever I see them. It must have been a really good naan bread. It didn't look bigger than other brown rats I've seen here ... maybe the perspective is making it look bigger - especially with the Canada Goose. I see them here so often, but they're so wick you hardly ever get a chance to photograph them.

Back