BRSCC at Brands Hatch

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got back from Brands Hatch, where the BRSCC were using the Indy circuit. I had my new D7000 to play with, which was exciting. I'm not going to lie though, I'm fairly disappointed by the results. I felt like it took far too long for me to get my eye in, and even then it wasn't really in. I'd forgotten just how bad the Indy circuit is for fences and I was really struggling to find interesting shots. There was so much light that I couldn't really use a big enough aperture to make the fences disappear, so all I could really do was find gaps.

I want to improve, so please let me know your thoughts and any suggestions you may have. Thanks! :)

DSC_1300.jpg by rclenshaw, on Flickr

DSC_1068.jpg by rclenshaw, on Flickr

DSC_0461.jpg by rclenshaw, on Flickr

DSC_0592.jpg by rclenshaw, on Flickr

DSC_0988.jpg by rclenshaw, on Flickr

DSC_0239.jpg by rclenshaw, on Flickr

1 for me like that POV and angle Brands Indy is a nightmare for fences but at least there still a few spots for now :( you should have popped along the road to Canada Heights mate no fences there just have to dodge the stones and odd bike :LOL:

Last edited:
Please don't forget me guys :)

I'd really appreciate any feedback, you don't have to write an essay. I'm just interested in knowing if I'm going in the right direction, or if I need to change things.

Really nice set you have # 1 & 4 are not doing anything for me # 2, 3, 5 are good like the angles and the sharpness off the images but the best for me by far is #6 like the panning spot on IMHO, Wonderful cracking shot.

Really nice set you have # 1 & 4 are not doing anything for me # 2, 3, 5 are good like the angles and the sharpness off the images but the best for me by far is #6 like the panning spot on IMHO, Wonderful cracking shot.

I had a feeling that 1 and 4 were going to be the marmite shots. :D I included them to gauge opinion.

Out of interest, does it bother you that 6 isn't quite level? I tried adjusting it but I didn't find it as interesting afterwards so I kept it as shot.

I had a feeling that 1 and 4 were going to be the marmite shots. :D I included them to gauge opinion.

Out of interest, does it bother you that 6 isn't quite level? I tried adjusting it but I didn't find it as interesting afterwards so I kept it as shot.

I rather like the fact that its not 100% level I think it adds a small touch off quirkiness to the image. I don't think it does much damage it just gives the impression the cars traveling up a small incline.

Some nice stuff there, Rob, 4 was the best for me although 1 must be good too because it's giving me vertigo :D

I rather like the fact that its not 100% level I think it adds a small touch off quirkiness to the image. I don't think it does much damage it just gives the impression the cars traveling up a small incline.
Thanks! :)

Some nice stuff there, Rob, 4 was the best for me although 1 must be good too because it's giving me vertigo :D
Go and have a lie down! :D

You have clearly put some thought into composition, which is what I like about number 1 and for the most part you have made sure that you have nice clean backgrounds (number 6 is the best in this respect) Well done Rob!
Thanks! I think I'd talked myself out of thinking these were any good. Maybe because it took a while before I got anything that looked decent.

As a competitor looking at these pics, point of view is very important! Some of the quirky angles show the shape of the vehicle more or the action.
(side on, front or rear are not always flattering or interesting)

Maybe photographers do not get access to some of the best places? is that called health and safety.

2010 Silverstone... running low wing and stiff suspension, slicks in the damp - very fast into the first corner - the car over steered so much it felt like it's going to loop.. some how it did not and held... must have had spray off the wheels while on full lock - would have been a dramatic nice picture.

Cadwell - The car has all four wheels leave the ground, would be nice to see that from some interesting angle.

Keep up the good work... a good pic is an amazing thing. You guys are all very talented!

As a competitor looking at these pics, point of view is very important! Some of the quirky angles show the shape of the vehicle more or the action.
(side on, front or rear are not always flattering or interesting)
That's a good point and it's one I'll consider when I upload shots in the future.

Maybe photographers do not get access to some of the best places? is that called health and safety.
Not all photographers! I was one of the paying public behind the fences.

Keep up the good work... a good pic is an amazing thing. You guys are all very talented!
I almost feel slightly embarrassed that your compliment has ended up in my thread, as I'm nowhere near on the level of the other photographers here. Thank you. It's nice to get compliments. :)

This angle is interesting..No?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/motorsportaction/9450716174/

Personally I like to see dust, sparks, flames, a bit of opposite lock, 2 wheels on the grass or spray from the tyres in the rain, air/rain/drag on the wing tips.

When I see good pictures I could look at them again and again. Some of the pictures on this forum the crispness, clarity and colour... Well how can it be described?

They can make a average driver look like Lewis Hamilton, maybe feel like they are too, well until they check the bank balance :)

Last edited:
Back