Critique Bruges

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Set of shots I took in Bruges. Happy to hear what you think of them, good or bad :)

BrugesW9790_zpsrpmri2c7.jpg

BridgeWB9778_zpsl5tdgi50.jpg

Night9777W_zpszzlxnfsp.jpg

Bridge9738W_zpslcvdomwp.jpg

You must have done something right… cause these are fine!

I love this set. Good work as shot at night and all the building edges are easily seen yet the sky is black and the buildings aren't got blown highlights from the lighting.

I still think dusk and dawn would flatter more but impressive shots of an impressive place

One of my favourite cities, i was there last November and will certainly go back again.

Nice set of photo's, i have one from exactly the same place as no.1 but it was foggy and gave it a great moody look.

the reflections are stunning and theres plenty of detail in the shadows. I particularly like 1+2, well took!

The reflections in the first 3 are something else, lovely stuff. Liking your compositions too, great set (y)

Did you go over to Minnewater? Some stunning scenery there too.

Yea we went for 3 days too,we we stayed near the station so Minnewater was on one of the routes into the centre.

Hope you don't mind me linking my thread to here, i'll remove it if you want me to. It's from last year.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/in-bruges.569908/#post-6606078

You know what, i haven't even processed most of my pics from Bruges, including Minnewater. I know what i'll be doing this afternoon lol!

Edit, here's one from Minnewater, shame about all the people, but the bridge was never empty, the sky was stunning too, i could (if i could be bothered) try and clone the people out!

21947724991_71c066dc7c_b.jpg

21750946139_c3b545fe03_b.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh OK, we were in Sint Jakobstraat which is just North of the main square. Also, there was a Turkish football team playing the last day we were there, which meant there were football fans sleeping everywhere and lots of Police around

My wife doesnt understand why I spend ages removing people from shots sometimes :) :)

Last edited:
Lovely set of images - you've just reminded me that I must visit !

Back