weekly Bruja's 52 - 2017 AWOL and OUT

Two great shots, but number two works best for me, the yellow flowers in the first one make my eyes go weird (or maybe weirder!) trying to focus. But love the mountains and pastel colours in two. Someone pass me a glass of red and some bread and cheese to sit and enjoy the view!:)

Two great shots, but number two works best for me, the yellow flowers in the first one make my eyes go weird (or maybe weirder!) trying to focus. But love the mountains and pastel colours in two. Someone pass me a glass of red and some bread and cheese to sit and enjoy the view!:)

Thanks Roger.

This winter/spring we've had a lot of rain (relatively speaking:p) and the fields are covered in wild flowers. Normally they are uniformly brown :(

This is a 10 minute walk from our house :D

2 nice B&W's for routine, I like the scowl from the lady in the first, I think the second needs to be a little wider.

Pie :D very good idea, got a lot of people thinking.

(y)

Last edited:
I agree that #2 looks better to me. Lovely mountains in BG. #1 looks "bleached" to my eye, perhaps it's a quality of the light and that burst of yellow. Both of them make me feel hot just looking at them!

I like #1, the yellow and green looks almost unreal.

I agree that #2 looks better to me. Lovely mountains in BG. #1 looks "bleached" to my eye, perhaps it's a quality of the light and that burst of yellow. Both of them make me feel hot just looking at them!

Hi John, that yellow is a very acid yellow :cool: and I was wearing sunglasses! You might have been a tad warm that day as it got up to 27 but the last 2 days it has been 9 and hissing down.

i do prefer the 2nd one, the balance of sky and land works so much better, looks far to warm for me though

And it's only March :eek:

#2 (y) ... great compo with mystery cartoon figure in road and big mountains!

the farm building thing LHS could go for all I care.:)

:LOL:
I like them both but the flowers in photo 1 are outstanding.

Thanks Shirley, it's a most unusual display here.

You, young lady, are very naughty posting all these pictures of warm sunny weather while we're all shivering...
I *think* #2 for me, the inclusion of the sky does it.

Thanks Tim, and yes, I've seen your miserable weather in your last picture :p

If it's any consolation it was followed by two days of torrential rain with flooding in some areas and the temperature dropped from 27 to 9 from Sunday to Monday :eek:

Oh nice, I think we have this weeks winner......
Love the lighting on that Jill.

Have you used this mask before? Its quite sinister especially the way you have lit it, so definitely dark In a couple of ways.

On theme for sure and love the lighting on this, just the right angle to pick out the shape of the eyebrows nose and lips.

Thanks Paul and thanks for looking.

Dark, liking this shot Jill as imo it is very well taken with a good Dark BG but enough light on the mask, love the lighting around bits of the mask too :)

Thanks David, it was just natural light :p

Back