weekly Bruja's 52 - 2017 AWOL and OUT

Very clever idea, and right on theme! Do we get to see that unflattering photo too?

Now that is clever, fun and a tad intriguing as to the possible unflattering image :D

Thanks Dean, and said photo is below :p

I to am intrigued by the unflattering image and i really shouldn't be :wideyed: I agree with @Dark Knight clever and fun

HiAllan, you can be intrigued if you want to be. At my age I view all photos of me as unflattering :D

Glad you like the image (y)

Evolve, like your style Jill. Good main focus on the kiddies wind toy while in the nice BG you have what has evolved to the bigger ones :)

Thanks Dave (y)

Very clever idea, and right on theme! Do we get to see that unflattering photo too?

Cheers brrnd, glad you like it :D

Photo is in post #407

Suffering for my 'art'

Untitled by Bruja Jill, on Flickr

It was rocky ground on the top of a hill at alt 1200 metres. It was also very, very windy :runaway:
Excellent, the things we do, and some we get caught doing :D - and I must say, I love your Red hair, I recall when mine was that colour :)

'bout time you got a camera with an articulated screen. :)

Lovely interpretation. Well done.(y)

That's a great take on the theme with a lovely composition too. I have a thing about wind turbines so it's up there with my favs for this week :)

Ooh, thank you Mr Gremlin sir :D

Excellent, the things we do, and some we get caught doing :D - and I must say, I love your Red hair, I recall when mine was that colour :)

Yes, But then I have tied him to the bed before then posted it on here :p

As for the red hair, supposedly I am an iconoclast (norms, what norms?) and I love it too.

Love the idea Jill, makes a very effective photo for the theme, my hubby has a habit of taking photos of me at inopportune moments, he thinks it's funny :bat:

Hahaha, but I bet you never tied him naked to the bed then posted the photo on here :D

'bout time you got a camera with an articulated screen. :)

Lovely interpretation. Well done.(y)

Thank you Mr David sir, and it's not an articulated screen I need (which the Sony has) but an articulated body :eek:

Hi Jill.

Above - Not sure on the foot ;) Another typically sharp vibrant Jill style shot to cheer up a gloomy day in London under overcast skies.

Evolve - Made me chuckle and reminded me of the tellitubbies. You need to plonk this in the sky though.
Teletubbies-baby-s_3147210b.jpg

Numbers - Very Clever I had thought maybe it was the calorie count till I scrolled down the comments for the right answer
Attractive - the second one for me the first one messes with my eyes
Dark - both great shots the second with the scarier face is darker but I like the first more.
Power - I like the abstract feel to it and the way the spokes look white hot
Evolve - I like that you have the before and after of the evolution in the shot great idea

Having caught up with my own thread this is my first visit since week 0 so I've looked through all of your images since then. My favourites so far are Hairy for the great colours and details, and what a good idea to use your iPad for the backlight (y) Also Smooth with the contrasting skin textures of the different fruit, Whole for the idea and lovely words you captured, Structure for the great close-up and abstract details, and Power for those strong lines and bold colours - great idea :clap:

Glad you survived your loss of photographic mojo and stuck with it, Jill :)

Numbers - Very Clever I had thought maybe it was the calorie count till I scrolled down the comments for the right answer
Attractive - the second one for me the first one messes with my eyes
Dark - both great shots the second with the scarier face is darker but I like the first more.
Power - I like the abstract feel to it and the way the spokes look white hot
Evolve - I like that you have the before and after of the evolution in the shot great idea

Having caught up with my own thread this is my first visit since week 0 so I've looked through all of your images since then. My favourites so far are Hairy for the great colours and details, and what a good idea to use your iPad for the backlight (y) Also Smooth with the contrasting skin textures of the different fruit, Whole for the idea and lovely words you captured, Structure for the great close-up and abstract details, and Power for those strong lines and bold colours - great idea :clap:

Glad you survived your loss of photographic mojo and stuck with it, Jill :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to look and comment. I appreciate it.

Simple and very good indeed, no one else has thought of it
"hold the doors" I could kick myself

Simple and very good indeed, no one else has thought of it
"hold the doors" I could kick myself

Thanks Allan, as I live in a building with a lift it was really simple :p

Wasn't my first(best) idea but it was my second and the simplest to execute. And I didn't have to go to the top of a windy mountain and lie on the ground :)

I hate people who are doing this and I can't see any button to make the doors close :) but excellent photo! Great light and B&W conversion works very well.

Hold ... good thinking ... would rather see a thumb! or don't people Hold with their thumb?

Ahhhh took me a mo to work out what the panel of buttons was :D nice idea Jill, really like the moody lighting and just the one digit rather than a full or part hand, B&W works well too (y)

Thanks Dean (y)

I hate people who are doing this and I can't see any button to make the doors close :) but excellent photo! Great light and B&W conversion works very well.

Thanks brrnd, and there isn't one :p

ahhh...thought it was some sort of door entry system when I first looked at it but it makes much more sense being a lift panel. Nice clean shot that works well in B&W.

Thanks Steve (y)

Hold ... good thinking ... would rather see a thumb! or don't people Hold with their thumb?

Picky picky :p and I use a finger :whistle:

Great idea Jill, and well executed, I do like the black.
@brrnd, when I was a kid doing the milkround at weekends, we had flats to do.
Milko used to ram a blade between the door hold button and the surround to keep the lift at the floor we were delivering to.
You would have hated us ;)

Great idea Jill, and well executed, I do like the black.
@brrnd, when I was a kid doing the milkround at weekends, we had flats to do.
Milko used to ram a blade between the door hold button and the surround to keep the lift at the floor we were delivering to.
You would have hated us ;)

The cleaners also keep the door open on whichever floor they are working on but by the simple means of sticking a bucket in front of the sensor :mad:

Great idea Jill, works really well in B&W it really brings out all the texture on those buttons.

Back