BSB Assen

Name
Vlad
Edit My Images
Yes
Annual road trip time! Hurrah!

Gotta love Assen, crazy Dutch people meets a circuit steeped in superbike history and some photo opportunities that you don't get with UK circuits.

Soooo...

#1 Getting the low down with Lowes getting low

ASN_BSB_AK_130921-435.jpg

#2 Lowes tries it on with Shakey... bit of a theme this weekend!

ASN_BSB_AK_130922-640.jpg

#3 Shakey flicking me the V's

ASN_BSB_AK_130921-625.jpg

#4 Ellison's bike needed a rebuild after race one... here's why

ASN_BSB_AK_130922-261.jpg

#5 Haga was back and upsetting the script

ASN_BSB_AK_130922-125.jpg

#6 Not everyone had a happy weekend

ASN_BSB_AK_130922-623.jpg

Oh and before you ask, nope, I don't have the Shakey crash shot... nobody does, the silly buggers decided to do it in a red zone... doh!

Crit as you feel (y)

More on the website of course...

Good series. I especially like #5.
What is a "red zone"?

Thanks - a red zone is an area of the track that photographers aren't allowed to stand - its basically where a lot of high speed crashes occur that are likely to jump the barrier and kill you!

number 3 is brilliant!

Cheers Gary! Seems I'm quite recognisable despite my attempts to blend in... or maybe because of them :D

3 is a great shot but so is Ellison giving the bike a kick!

Good set and really like number 3. Were these all with the 300 prime again? I cant see exif when viewing on the app.

Il be at the remaining bsb rounds so hoping to get some decent stuff myself

Fantastic set, just got to like #3, top capture.

Love the Shakey shot Andy, looks like he's smiling too. Perhaps has a soft spot for you ?

Nice set do like pic 3

Thanks Raymond!

3 is a great shot but so is Ellison giving the bike a kick!

Cheers Mike, I just noticed last night that Eurosport didn't manage to capture his tantrum, I have a unique shot lol.

has shakey brought a copy for his wall?

Ta Jonty -no, when you get to this kinda level you don't go buying photos of yourself.

Good set and really like number 3. Were these all with the 300 prime again? I cant see exif when viewing on the app.

Il be at the remaining bsb rounds so hoping to get some decent stuff myself

Thanks! Yes, all 300 2.8 with and without TC's.

I'm at the rest too, maybe see you there :wave:

Fantastic set, just got to like #3, top capture.

Cheers Danny!

1+3 of a very nice set Andy love the dutch fans great fun wherever you go

Thanks, yeah Gaz they are a lot of fun and Assen is a groovy place.

Very cool... you gotta love 3, nice capture... 6 shows the disappointment.. great shots

Cheers Colin - glad you spotted that - he was somewhat gutted!

Love the Shakey shot Andy, looks like he's smiling too. Perhaps has a soft spot for you ?

Oh he's grinning like crazy Neil. Shakey is the only one who looks for the media guys out on track to show off to on out laps and in laps. He knows the way to get his photo in the papers and mags. He's ex-Fast Bikes road tester many moons ago before he started racing so mad photos on bikes must die hard (for any non-bikers, Fast Bikes is a proper full on sports bike hooligan magazine)

Just to explain what I was on about with Assen offering some different things to the UK... this little lot gives the British Race Safe marshals kittens!

#7 Once the race is over, the slow down lap Dutch marshals and togs take to the tarmac... shot from the track:

ASN_BSB_AK_130922-798.jpg

#8 Similarly, the pit lane is just behind the tyre wall at the final chicane, one step back and...

ASN_BSB_AK_130922-388.jpg

#9 Probably my favourite thing though, the long sweeping corners have no barriers on the inside and the Dutch understand that physics means nothing is ever crashing against the laws of physics... so on the grass about 30cm off the ground with this one:

ASN_BSB_AK_130921-411.jpg

Crazy Dutchmen!

Not bad at all! (y)

PS Only BSB and SS ? :(

Cheers Nick!

Yeah I only shot those two, we didn't have superstock at Assen, but a load of Dutch SB/SS/SC as support.

True, but I don't have an interest in those... Rarely ever shoot them unless I happen to be setting up for the next session.

At assen Dave?

And I don't really look like my avatar on here lol

yes at assen I said alright as I walked passed I was with sidecars but know a lot of solo lads

Well, if you spot me at the last two, say hello :)

Number 3, what a fabulusso shot, like 7 as well. Keep practising, and you could end up quite good at this photographical malarky.

Number 3, what a fabulusso shot, like 7 as well. Keep practising, and you could end up quite good at this photographical malarky.

Thanks, I'll keep talking the pills :nuts:

Cheers Dave! (y)

Glad you like #9, Mr Brookes certainly likes to hang off the bike, which suits me just fine!

Back