BSB Brands Hatch final

Name
Darren Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Be rude not to post the a couple of the now departed to WSB, BSB champion Scott Redding.

_G0I7848 by Darren Russell, on Flickr

_G0I7118 by Darren Russell, on Flickr

_G0I6978 by Darren Russell, on Flickr

_G0I7120 by Darren Russell, on Flickr

Either the BSB boys are harder to get decent shots off, I choose the wrong the lens (could have done with more focal length tbh) or I had an off day as my keeper rate was the smallest of the year. But Brands Hatch hasn't welded the same rate of keepers as Silverstone BTCC did.

Any way season nearly finished. just formula ford and Britcar into the night left for me now.

Last edited:
Nice shots. Was please to see #45 win the championship, hope he goes well in WSBK. Should be Brookes for BSB next year.

Nice shots. Was please to see #45 win the championship, hope he goes well in WSBK. Should be Brookes for BSB next year.

thanks.
It was indeed a good championship fight. Pleased for him after everything. Depends who else gets on the Paul Bird Ducati for next year if he has the budget to run two entries again as Bewisers pulling out of the sport. Some many big sponsors this year pulling there support in different motorsport events. Slightly worrying. Although I remember saying that when Airwaves pulled out too.

Was nice to see a big crowd for once this year, I knew BSB was pulling in the crowds still compared to the car based series but was still nice to see, did make it hard moving around the circuit, but id rather have the crowds than not. Crowds make bigger grids. Still wasn't as busy as the last final I made it too in 2011. I do worry about motorsport in general at the moment.

thanks.
It was indeed a good championship fight. Pleased for him after everything. Depends who else gets on the Paul Bird Ducati for next year if he has the budget to run two entries again as Bewisers pulling out of the sport. Some many big sponsors this year pulling there support in different motorsport events. Slightly worrying. Although I remember saying that when Airwaves pulled out too.

Was nice to see a big crowd for once this year, I knew BSB was pulling in the crowds still compared to the car based series but was still nice to see, did make it hard moving around the circuit, but id rather have the crowds than not. Crowds make bigger grids. Still wasn't as busy as the last final I made it too in 2011. I do worry about motorsport in general at the moment.
I agree. Caldwell is my local track and I’ve spent many a day there both riding and spectating. I think that the cost of these highly technical classes is always going to prove an issue when Financial times are tough. I don’t see that improving anytime soon. Fingers crossed PB gets a decent sponsor, though Tommy Bridewell took it to them this year and I bet they have a much much smaller budget.

I agree. Caldwell is my local track and I’ve spent many a day there both riding and spectating. I think that the cost of these highly technical classes is always going to prove an issue when Financial times are tough. I don’t see that improving anytime soon. Fingers crossed PB gets a decent sponsor, though Tommy Bridewell took it to them this year and I bet they have a much much smaller budget.

True, but its not just Super bikes the BTCC has lost 2 major sponsors and a car manufacturer. There was some talk this weekend that Tyco secuirity may not have committed themselves to next in the bsb too.
Yeah Bridewells budget is much smaller, but sure Paul Bird gets factory support of some sorts by the commentary comments. But it was a Ducati championship this year lol. Sounded mint.

Fantastic shots Darren and we were there on Sunday. They were all great races and nice to see Scott win the championship. Fingers crossed for some more sponsorship next season and even closer racing :)

Back