BSB Donington Qualifiers

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a great day on Saturday at Donington, after seeing other post from the Melbourne loop decided to give that a go as well as Redgate.
Still going through lots of shots but would welcome any comments on these few, trying different crops than usual to see if they work?
YK4B5804 by John Jesney, on Flickr
JG Speedfit Kawasaki #77 James Ellison by John Jesney, on Flickr
Milwaukee Yamaha #25 Josh Brookes by John Jesney, on Flickr
MotoDex Performance First BMW #16 David Johnson by John Jesney, on Flickr
YK4B4647 by John Jesney, on Flickr
Howie Mainwaring by John Jesney, on Flickr
Tyco BMW #7 Michael Laverty by John Jesney, on Flickr

Last edited:
Impressive shots John, sharpness is spot on. My favourite is the first one, perhaps a standard composition but it works well. Of the tighter shots, my choice would be #2 with all of the front wheel in shot, having said that, colour & detail in the Brookes one is bang on.
Can I ask what you were using for these ?

Thanks Neil,
I put number one in as I was surprised to see the rider wearing glasses. All shot with a 5d3 and 400 f5.6, one or two had a 1.4 x extender fitted.
Picked the camera body up late last year and have to say it is the best thing I ever bought

I have the same combination and on its day it is great. I do find I get inconsistent results at times though and that is with trying different AF cases etc.

great shots...no 1 probably my favourite but love them all..

Nice mate!
Told you the 5D3 is awesome!
Mate , you were not wrong. So good a friend who used to have a 1d4 decided to go for the 5 instead of another 1 for his new body.
Thanks for all of the other kind comments guys

Back