BSB Oulton Park

Name
Jack
Edit My Images
Yes
Not my best as my first time at this track. Got some decent ones but the conditions got the better of me so didn't have a steady hand.
C&C

Davey Todd getting serious before his incredible win with a 6 second gap
_DSC2534.JPG

Michael Laverty
_DSC2591.JPG

Pocket Rocket Leon Haslam
_DSC2594.JPG

My personal favourite Michael Dunlop
_DSC2699.JPG

Buildbase BMW Richard Cooper (47) and Lee Jackson (14)
_DSC3207.JPG

More to come...

_DSC2485.JPG

Gary Mason on the Superstock 1000
_DSC2495.JPG

Fraser Rodgers
_DSC2528.JPG

Alister Seeley
_DSC2718.JPG

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne
_DSC2754.JPG

I really like the angle in #2 and #3 across the startline, but they do both look a touch soft/oof.

Looks like you had a fun day. Tricky to keep them in the frame across the start line ain't it? :) The Michael Dunlop shot is probably the stand-out shot for me.

@TMT the detail In the shot has faded a bit from how I wanted it
@GeeJay57 I found it very tricky on that side especially you only have about half a second to track them coming under the bridge. I do like the Dunlop shot

Some great shots

I'm impressed with the Dunlop shot looking at the background you caught him really early and like you said you must have had a split second to pick him up.
thanks very much, I honestly thought I didn't get this shot when I took it. thought id just have his front wheel. the only indication I had that any riders were on their way were higher revs and a louder engine haha

Composition looks alright though I'm not too sure about the close crop horizontals you have there, makes it feel a little squashed to be honest. Bit soft in terms of focus for some of them but the more you practice the better you'll get (y)

If you don't mind me giving a little advice - always leave some room for the subject to 'move into'
Don't crop immediately in front of and underneath the front wheel of the bike - leave more space in front and less behind
If the bike is 'moving' diagonally towards the corner of the frame then also leave space diagonally under the front wheel
Cropping immediately in front of a fast moving subject cuts off the shot very harshly and reduces the impact
Try re cropping the Gary Mason and Fraser Rogers images for example with ( if possible) much more room in front than behind and see if the shots are improved ?
Regards
Rob

Last edited:
Back