BSB PLAYING IN THE PARK

Edit My Images
Yes
Well after a 4 hour drive to Oulton I was faced with the dreaded fence at Druids that's been mentioned :mad: so I then moved to Knickerbrook but not the best spot with the sun at that time of day so gave in and had some lunch the afternoon I started at Brittens then Hill Top which has been spoiled with the moving of the Armco no long shots down the hill then headed for Knickerbrook again and finished back at Brittens for the sidecars followed by a few beers and diner at the hotel.

Sunday started back at Druids catching the bikes tipping in to the corner then did some panning at Deer Leap crossed over the bridge for a classic Lodge Corner shot and finished back at the exit of Knickerbrook as the bikes head up Clay Hill and onther Oulton done and dusted.

Thanks for looking.

33620845053_25b51d6a44_b.jpg

34277719331_8fbc6c58b4_b.jpg

34250611682_09391c721b_b.jpg

34410455535_9856487013_b.jpg

34403120675_d38a2b00ec_b.jpg

34340072841_de49d3b099_b.jpg

34171285120_fc4acec4eb_b.jpg

34408607475_afef47ef09_b.jpg

Lovely vibrant set, as always, you capture the action really really well. My only crit, would be that some of them look a touch warm. 7 is an absolute pearler though!

Good set, looks like a good weekend.

Thanks Paul it was good to get away for a few days.

Great set Gaz, number 4 for me!

Cheers Sam glad I made the effort to hurry down to Brittens for the Sidecars.

Another superb set- great work:clap:

Thanks a lot Doggel.

Lovely vibrant set, as always, you capture the action really really well. My only crit, would be that some of them look a touch warm. 7 is an absolute pearler though!

Cheers Matty the curse of Flickr rears its ugly head again getting really p***ed of with the probs on there every time I upload a shot they change the levels so I now have to guess what they are going to do and over compensate for it which does not always work as you can see. :mad:

Quality shots Gary, #7 the clear winner for me too.

Thanks Neil glad you like 7 not an easy shot with my poor panning skills of the few hundred I took there only gonna:( keep a few .

Brilliant set of photos - No. 9 for me. Could you please advise me and perhaps other DSLR newbies, the settings that you used?
Many thanks

Brilliant set of photos - No. 9 for me. Could you please advise me and perhaps other DSLR newbies, the settings that you used?
Many thanks

Thanks very much Steve.

Re the settings I shoot in manual mode all the time adjusting my settings as I go in can be a real pain in ever changing light conditions and I do lose shots because of this but the results can make up for this as I do not like to shoot wide open sometimes even under exposing my shots to get the effect I want.

Shutter speeds depend on the speed of the corner the rider the type of bike and the distance from the bike so can vary a lot

Pic 1 was shot at 1/1000 due to the speed of the bikes here.

pic 2,6 and10 1/640 which works well for BSB on these type of corners

pic 3+7 1/320

pic 4 1/1250

Hope this helps but its not guaranteed I had a bad day yesterday at Snetterton not that happy with my days work I wish I could be more consistent with my shots but I still do not know enough about photography and probably never will to be that good that I can be sure of top notch shots every outing.

Very nice images. Sharp, dramatic and nice panning. I tried motorsports recently, and my panning serms to follow a wave pattern. Perhaps I need to photograph yacht racing?

I am going to Brands on Saturday the 22nd - have a free box near the start line. Would love to meet up and learn more from you guys :nikon:

Thanks very much.

Sorry I could not meet up on Saturday I was with family if you are at Brands again let me know.
No worries mate, I understand that family come first. Great set of photos mate and no way am I jealous :mad:;)

Back