BTCC at Thruxton (pic heavy)

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
As some will know I won the Olympus Magazine Competition a few months ago and the prize was to spend the weekend photographing the BTCC at Thruxton alongside Olympus Ambassador Mike Inkley, also being a guest of Power Maxed Racing. It was a fantastic weekend and a real privilege being allowed on the grid and in the pit lane. Mike was a really nice guy too.

NZ7_0390
by TDG-77, on Flickr

NZ7_0507
by TDG-77, on Flickr

NZ7_0599
by TDG-77, on Flickr

NZ7_0668-Edit-Edit
by TDG-77, on Flickr

NZ7_0681-Edit
by TDG-77, on Flickr

NZ7_0733
by TDG-77, on Flickr

NZ7_0790
by TDG-77, on Flickr

NZ7_0812-Edit
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
I think that's what you call a good result after a good win. I've Enjoyed looking at them all. Well done.

Great Set I think we met in the Media Hut ...
Thanks very much. Could well have done (can’t tell from your avatar), was in there quite a bit on Sunday (y)
I think that's what you call a good result after a good win. I've Enjoyed looking at them all. Well done.
Thanks a lot :)

Really nice set, looks like you made the most of your win giving you good access. Did they let you go trackside to shoot as well or just give you pitlane and grid access?

Really nice set, looks like you made the most of your win giving you good access. Did they let you go trackside to shoot as well or just give you pitlane and grid access?
Nice work Toby
Thanks both. Yes I was allowed trackside although we didn't go far as had to stay close-is to the media centre and also give ourselves chance to get back to the podium (y)

Really nice set Toby, funnily enough I was there on Sunday wandering around the pits and grid area.

Really nice set Toby, funnily enough I was there on Sunday wandering around the pits and grid area.
Thanks. Cool, you should have said hello ;) Is that a regular thing for you?

Would have if I'd seen you! A mate of mine works for a manufacturer and I can go with him pretty much anytime I want to. It's a great day out for sure. :)

Would have if I'd seen you! A mate of mine works for a manufacturer and I can go with him pretty much anytime I want to. It's a great day out for sure. :)
Cool, do you want a new BFF? :LOL:

Some great images there mate, well done and congrats on the competition win too... it’s just a shame you had to use an Olympus [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] only joking. Good stuff mate [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Cheers :) Lol, I did take my Nikon too ;)

Joking aside, I do love the Olympus system it's great to use and I'm happy with the image quality I get from it (y)

Great set of images Toby. The new Olympus looks very capable. I have my name down for doing something similar with Olympus and PMR when the BTCC arrives at Croft next month, although I’m sure we won’t be trackside. It will however be nice to get my hands on some of the higher end kit.

Cheers,

Simon.

Great set of images Toby. The new Olympus looks very capable. I have my name down for doing something similar with Olympus and PMR when the BTCC arrives at Croft next month, although I’m sure we won’t be trackside. It will however be nice to get my hands on some of the higher end kit.

Cheers,

Simon.

The group doing the Olympus Image Space event (where you put your name down and hope to be one of the ones selected) didn’t get trackside or on the grid, but they did get into the PMR garage and got to try out all the kit, as well as got breakfast, lunch and afternoon sandwiches at the PMR hospitality marquee.

There was enough EM1x’s for everyone to have one, but the 300mm f4’s were limited so make sure you ‘shout up’ to get one. I didn’t try one out on the Saturday as I knew I’d get to use it all day on the Sunday on the 1-2-1.

The Olympus gear is right up there in terms of performance, and IQ is superb too. For this kind of shooting I didn’t notice any real difference between the EM1x and EM1-II in terms of performance.

Very nice shots, love No8, the Collard stare, Croft is our first trip this year, like that place, not too much mesh in places.

Very nice shots, love No8, the Collard stare, Croft is our first trip this year, like that place, not too much mesh in places.
Thanks very much. I've never been to Croft, in fact the only circuits I've been to watch motor racing are Donington, Thruxton, and Silverstone. I've got tickets to the BTCC at Oulton Park though later this year so need to figure out where's best to stand for photography.

I only live 20 minutes from Croft, so it is very much my local circuit, and I'll be there for the full BTCC weekend :)

Thanks very much. I've never been to Croft, in fact the only circuits I've been to watch motor racing are Donington, Thruxton, and Silverstone. I've got tickets to the BTCC at Oulton Park though later this year so need to figure out where's best to stand for photography.

I'm hoping to get down to OP for the BTCC quali day this year. However, life might be about to throw me a curve ball, so I'm by no means certain I'll get there :-(

Simon.

I only live 20 minutes from Croft, so it is very much my local circuit, and I'll be there for the full BTCC weekend :)

I'm hoping to get down to OP for the BTCC quali day this year. However, life might be about to throw me a curve ball, so I'm by no means certain I'll get there :-(

Simon.
Fingers crossed the curve ball doesn't happen (y)

Simon.
If you someone with a Knockhill cap chances are it’s me, say Hi.

I've shot trackside at Oulton quite often , I'll just be doing the paddock / garages this year

Back