BTCC Donington Park

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Apologies for the watermark but I don't appreciate people stealing images.

Attachments

• BTCC-DP-ML2267.jpg
    BTCC-DP-ML2267.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 30
  • BTCC-DP-ML2345.jpg
    BTCC-DP-ML2345.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 30
  • BTCC-DP-ML2827.jpg
    BTCC-DP-ML2827.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 30
  • BTCC-DP-ML3645.jpg
    BTCC-DP-ML3645.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 29
  • BTCC-DP-ML3677A.jpg
    BTCC-DP-ML3677A.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 30
I must have been stood right next to you in the first race... Hope you don't mind me posting the pic...

26488839555_8a75683c72_c.jpg

26488839555_8a75683c72_c.jpg

Not sure which of te BTCC threads to post this in but I have a quick question! All the photos look as though you have had good access to the track. What I remember about Donnington (20 years ago) was the catch (safety) fencing!

Did you have special circuit access or just go in as a general spectator. Reason I ask is that I've been offered some discounted tickets for Oulton Park in a few weeks and I fancy having another go at it if I can get decent access.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread so if the replies detract from the pictures hopefully a Mod will separate out this post.

PS some cracking shots over the various threads

Not sure which of te BTCC threads to post this in but I have a quick question! All the photos look as though you have had good access to the track. What I remember about Donnington (20 years ago) was the catch (safety) fencing!

Did you have special circuit access or just go in as a general spectator. Reason I ask is that I've been offered some discounted tickets for Oulton Park in a few weeks and I fancy having another go at it if I can get decent access.

Donington Park has catch fencing most of the way around the outside of the circuit but very little on the inside. The main straight is about the only place on the infield you will have a problem.

Oulton is a snappers dream if you are stuck in public areas. There is a bit of fencing at turn 1 and down the cascades but after that its just three bar fence and waist high wire. There is also some fencing outside Lodge Corner but you do have a good choice of angles. The only problem with OP is the run down past the lake and to Shell Oils which for the public is inaccessable. Even us media need snow shoes to get down there the ground is so soft and uneven, there is no way MSV would risk spectators down that way.

Back