BTCC @ Donington

TMT

Name
Kalvin
Edit My Images
Yes
A selection from a wet Saturday at Donny.

#1 - Chicane Exit (through fence)

#2 - The obbligatory chicane 2-wheeler! (through fence)

#3 - Hollywood @ 1/30

#4 - Pit Straight @ 1/160 (through fence)

#5 - Pit Straight @ 1/10 (through fence)

Great set, pin sharp and very clean processing on all of them. What camera & lens were these shot with?

Great set, pin sharp and very clean processing on all of them. What camera & lens were these shot with?

Thank you. I've been working on my processing a lot recently - following feedback on this forum - and I'm trying a few different settings. I'm lucky enough to be unmarried with no kids, so have a Canon 1DX and the Canon 200-400 with built in extender. Brilliant lens and super camera!

Nice work Kalvin, great panning there

Thank you. Not many keepers at all at that speed.

I’m very impressed, I was there on Sunday and got nothing anywhere near that quality.

I’m very impressed, I was there on Sunday and got nothing anywhere near that quality.
That's very kind of you. To be fair, the equipment helps a lot - The 1DX and the 200-400 lens are top of the range. Also, I go to events pretty much every weekend, so get lots of practice. I've also taken on board the excellent advice given on this forum!

All very nice shots, number 4 is my favorite the colour just seems to draw you in.

tom.

I'm assuming these were processed in Photoshop not Lightroom? I'm trying to get my processing to something approaching this clean and colourful style but I can't seem to get the effect I'm looking for in Lightroom. Obviously shooting with a 1-DX and the 200-400mm L will help over my 80D and old Sigma lens combo too :)

These look great mate, very good work... nice processing too [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Thank you. I've been spending a lot of time changing my approach to the processing side.

All very nice shots, number 4 is my favorite the colour just seems to draw you in.

tom.
Cheers! I love those Shredded Wheat cars! The colour stands out on track!

I'm assuming these were processed in Photoshop not Lightroom? I'm trying to get my processing to something approaching this clean and colourful style but I can't seem to get the effect I'm looking for in Lightroom. Obviously shooting with a 1-DX and the 200-400mm L will help over my 80D and old Sigma lens combo too :)
Yes all with Photoshop CS6. You're spot on - the Camera and lens certainly help. I've found that the processing side is the most difficult part of the weekend when taking motorsport pics!

Awesome pans in 3 and 4 Kalvin I could never get my shutter speeds down to that and the pp is really made your shots pop nice work.(y)
Thank you. After many years of trying, I have developed an almost seemingly foolproof way (famous last words) of getting low shutter-speed shots! It's quite methodical, but seems to work.

Great quality! Great colours.
Thank you! I never actually boost the colours when I process my shots. The colours seem to become more vibrant when I edit other aspects of the image.

Thank you. After many years of trying, I have developed an almost seemingly foolproof way (famous last words) of getting low shutter-speed shots! It's quite methodical, but seems to work.

Well it's certainly worked well for you here. What is this method if you don't mind me asking?

Technically great images, but I think you may have pushed the shadows a bit far. Some of these are positively glowing! That was probably your intention though, so just ignore me!

Back