BTCC Knockhill

Name
John Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
It was a surreal experience at Knockhill, being held behind closed doors.

Despite there being zero atmosphere (some described it almost like a track day with expensive cars!), the racing was still superb.

Here's a few of my images from the BTCC qualifying and race sessions. As usual, track limits don't seem to apply at the chicane ;-)

I've posted some larger albums of both BTCC and the support races on FB if anyone is interested: https://www.facebook.com/pg/FlatOutPhoto/photos/?tab=albums

Thanks for looking.

0.jpg3.jpg3a.jpg4.jpg5.jpg5a.jpg6.jpg7.jpgBT201712.jpgBT204148.jpgBT205242-Edit.jpg

Great set John!

I found it surreal at Donington at the start of the revised season, no spectators but I still wasn't allowed out to look & just had to sit in the garage.

A colleague had the same joy at Knockhill under somewhat cooler conditions. Sadly the chicane is just about as far from where we'd be working as it's possible to get at Knockhill - the only time I've been able to get that far round was when I got a ride in the course car.

Definitely looks like the spot to be!

These are a mix of McIntyres, the chicane and Clark’s. I ended walking almost 15,000 steps on the Saturday with having to park my car outside the circuit. On race day I was allowed to park at the rear of the circuit, just behind the chicane which helped a lot.

With the covid restrictions I wasn’t permitted in the pit lane or on the grid.

Looking forward to next year when there will be a huge crowd hopefully.

I believe they were offered an entry of 600 but turned it down.

All we could do was watch on the telly with a live sound track coming in the windows, so near yet so far.
Nice shots btw.

Back