Critique Buachaille Etive Mor. BNW added...

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Thick mist made this harder than I wanted but its different to my norm. The light only lasted for five minutes well after sunrise before thick cloud blocked the direct sunlight. Still it was nice just sitting here waiting for the moment that never quite came and enjoying the Buachaille revealing itself from the fog.

_DSC7020 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC7036 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

B&W added

_DSC7020 (1) by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Last edited:
Fantastic images, fully validating your devotion to the recording of such amazing landscape scenery.

Reactions: ST4
Both beautiful, two is my favourite because of the light works a treat here but one would also be a stunning B&W candidate - I'd darken it down and go for a moody feel, some cool toning would work too.

These are stunning images, like them both equally for different reasons - the misty aura of the first and the amazing light in the second one. Really great!

Yeah not bad Steve...you know....so so...... ;)
Just kidding....2 beauties.
The low cloud gives them a very ethereal quality.
The colours in the second edges it for me though, and you've caught the edge of a fogbow there on the right by the looks of it!

Very nice pair Steve

Second one is absolutely lovely :clap: but I really wasn't sold on the first until I took the liberty of taking a screengrab and playing around with it in Silver efex....I think there is a stunning B&W image waiting to emerge!! :)

Thanks guys for the suggestion of the B&W

Initially I was skeptical as I wanted to preserve the cool blue hues I brought out of the RAW but I've been thinking on it and working it and the B&W is sensational IMHO. I hope you agree.

_DSC7020 (1) by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Its why I love this forum. The helpful pointers and feedback in these threads is invaluable IMHO.

Last edited:
Well at least you got the snow on the peaks Steve, would be nice for you if you get a good fall.
Right now shots No 1 has a great ice cool wintery feel about it, brought about by the over all blue tone, I like it. It puts me in mind of a days climbing when a summit slowly appears through the mist. Great.
No 2 is the hot shot;) the lights really brought out the colour beautifully lovely work again Steve, No 2 is my pick. Thanks for sharing these, all we seem to get down here is rain.

Well at least you got the snow on the peaks Steve, would be nice for you if you get a good fall.
Right now shots No 1 has a great ice cool wintery feel about it, brought about by the over all blue tone, I like it. It puts me in mind of a days climbing when a summit slowly appears through the mist. Great.
No 2 is the hot shot;) the lights really brought out the colour beautifully lovely work again Steve, No 2 is my pick. Thanks for sharing these, all we seem to get down here is rain.

Its all we get up here. Until Yesterday the camera hasn't left the bag in three weeks and the time before that the images I took were very lacklustre

Its a pain isn't it and when we get any light i'm at work:mad:
Love your B&W take Steve, that's really gritty .... I like it, even though i thought there might be enough mountain for it to work but on balance i think it has the edge on the colour version(y)

Probably my favourite shot of yours. The black and white is sublime

Back