Buachaille Etive Mor

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a few pictures from Glencoe last Monday. The weather was terrific, lovely and still and the light came through. I am glad to say finally the grasses are turning a little greener as summer finally turns up again.

The sky turned vividly pink just before sunrise.

_DSC3207 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

The first light was pretty nice

_DSC3225 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

And the cloud formations got pretty interesting with them sort of pointing at the wonderful peak of Buachaille Etive Mor

_DSC3234 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Third one is awesome.

Whilst I normally prefer the slightly more red toned one from your series I agree the clouds make it.

That’s it in a nutshell for me. I’ll be back there many many times for sure

I use this spot a lot. Nice to see the foreground grasses turn finally green.
where about did you take the shot compared to the usual place that people go to .I am up for a few days
was up there this morning at sunrise, lots of mist and could not see the Buachaille, after a few ours I gave up and went back to caravan.
mist.jpg

where about did you take the shot compared to the usual place that people go to .I am up for a few days
was up there this morning at sunrise, lots of mist and could not see the Buachaille, after a few ours I gave up and went back to caravan.
View attachment 127099

Right, park at the lay-by just past the bridge that spans the river Etive. It’s about 200m before the Glen Etive turn. The lay-by is on your right.

Walk along the road about 25m, cross the moorland to the river, you’ll see the pool. It’s upstream from the bridge by 50 to 100m

I’ll be up at the Coupall (just below the devils staircase tonight) and at the falls at the 3 sisters tomorrow

Last edited:
Back