Bubbling Skull

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
My Daughter as just moved back in with us after finishing her Uni course. Well I say moved in her gear is here :)

Along with her belongings was this glass skull, apparently it contained some kind of Spirit/booze.

"which as long been dispensed with"

I thought it was a good subject to photograph.

Having recently bought some tracing paper for diffusion and to create a background it seemed a good reason to try them out on this.

I do like to say how the photo came about rather than just dropping it here.

I'll leave the waffle there.

All feedback/critic is most welcome as I will learn from it hopefully.

Gaz

SZVGDV2.jpg

Last edited:
... not sure what's going on in this picture but I absolutely love it.

Thank you cargo & ms cargo :cool:

That's a fabulous image Gary I personally would like to see a little more contrast, make it pop so to speak - Oh do I want a glass skull now :) :)

Les

Ps had a play with contrast and Levels - I will remove it if you don't like it :)

original

TguzfvX.jpg

My Edit

8sBGusN.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Gary :)

I like it. :)
Thanks Trevor
... not sure what's going on in this picture but I absolutely love it.

Thank you cargo & ms cargo :cool:
Thanks David. Thats great to hear.

That's a fabulous image Gary I personally would like to see a little more contrast, make it pop so to speak - Oh do I want a glass skull now :) :)

Les

Ps had a play with contrast and Levels - I will remove it if you don't like it :)
Hi Les.

Happy that you liked the image.

No problem with your edit staying it's good to see a different approach.

I was uncertain as to how much contrast to add. I guess you could edit this all day long really.

Thanks

Gaz

Last edited:

Les

original

TguzfvX.jpg

My Edit

8sBGusN.jpg

Prefer the original as the tones are smoother and the image is nicely balanced (both glasses look evenly lit and colour doesn't look blown) but also good to see another interpretation and pretty sure opinions will be divided. (y)

Last edited:
Hiya @twist

Thanks for your feedback, it is great that you have said why you prefer one over the other.

Gaz

Back