buccaneer

Name
andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
only really posting this as I have a question ,the photo its self is not worth a second look .
I don't do many night shoots hence my experience is limited but I have a lot from this batch with light circles ( green in this particular photo ) what I want to know is it because I have a filter attached all the time or are my settings wrong ,

andyDSC_2254.jpg

Last edited:
It's lens flare, most lenses will exhibit this is you point a light source at the lens in exactly the right way. Having a filter on the front of the lens certainly won't help as it's once more surface for the light to refract off.

I love the Buck. I'll never forget being on a ferry from Algeciras to Tangier and being buzzed by one out of Gib, below deck height!
Apart from the flare, I like the image but as you say, it could be improved. Still nice to see though

It's lens flare, most lenses will exhibit this is you point a light source at the lens in exactly the right way. Having a filter on the front of the lens certainly won't help as it's once more surface for the light to refract off.

thanks at least I know now

I was there too. Bloody freezing. But enjoyable!

agreed (y)

I love the Buck. I'll never forget being on a ferry from Algeciras to Tangier and being buzzed by one out of Gib, below deck height!
Apart from the flare, I like the image but as you say, it could be improved. Still nice to see though

hope these are better , my photography is only average at the best of times

thanks for the replies
Andy
DSC_2095.jpgDSC_2238.jpg

Back