Bulbs

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Previous to taking the image of the wine glasses I posted the other day I took these images.
I left the full reflection in these but thought they looked a bit fake.

1 Colour as taken.
f6Q6zn3.jpg

2 I colorized this in post.
kxCPhu3.jpg

pRd2isw.jpg

OdViKHk.jpg

I was meant to be taking photos of the two bulbs but when I seen they were coming out ok I started to add random objects that were close by.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Gaz

Disclaimer: I have no clue how much work went into this but I imagine it wasn't insignificant.

Frames 1, 2 & 3 are photos of things. Technically, they're really well done, but they do nothing for me.

#4 is absolutely fab. I love the vertical pano crop which makes me feel uneasy, and the addition of the (guessing at disney mouse?) hidden in shadows and non central vertical positioning works really well.

I've seen the first three done quite a bit, but the 4th - never.

(y)

@Harlequin565

Hi Ian thanks for the feedback I appreciate the time taken to do so.

Frames 1, 2 & 3 are photos of things. Technically, they're really well done, but they do nothing for me.

To be honest I did think that would maybe the case that was my reasoning in starting to add other items into the frame. Plus I had no idea wether the light would work with multiple objects.

I'm happy you liked the last one, that said I can't find a reason to have a light bulb in along side Mickey !

It was great to hear why you liked the image and how it made you feel.

The Mickey Mouse here was the one that had a phone strapped to his back, if your old enough to remember them ?

Gaz

The Mickey Mouse here was the one that had a phone strapped to his back, if your old enough to remember them ?

Sadly I am.

I think when you start to add your own ideas into the images, that's when things will start to get much better. You've clearly got a grasp of how to light stuff, but adding Mickey (for me) was taking something done before and adding your own twist. That's what caused me to comment instead of just a "like" or skipping over the photo.

(y)

Back