Bullfinch

We get a few in the hedgerows here but never in the garden.

Nice to see and well captured.

My favourite British bird, nice capture Steve, saw a pair last weekend but they bolted before I could get the camera out.

Cracker again Steve

What gear was this shot with and at what settings/distance? I'm very disappointed with all of my bird shots but I don't have longer than a 200mm lens and I just can't get close to the birds. If these fantastic pictures I keep seeing are with a 400mm lens and/or from about 4 feet away, I won't feel so bad.

Love a Male Bullfinch- not very common down my way - well caught Steve :)

Les

What gear was this shot with and at what settings/distance? I'm very disappointed with all of my bird shots but I don't have longer than a 200mm lens and I just can't get close to the birds. If these fantastic pictures I keep seeing are with a 400mm lens and/or from about 4 feet away, I won't feel so bad.

I would say a 400mm lens at the very least :) maybe a 100-400mm Sony G lens- I have one too

Les

Sony 100-400mm GM lens at 397mm , bird was about 10M away but bear in mind it was shot on a Sony A7Riv which has a 61mp sensor which allows for some quite aggressive cropping and still retaining plenty of detail.

Back