Midlands Bullring

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
I'm looking to add a couple interesting blue hour shots of Bullring / Selfridges to my library.

I have obviously seen some images from Moor St. Car park and it gives a reasonable but probably not ideal view. Firstly would I get in trouble in any way if I came there with the tripod and everything?? You pretty much can't do anything within the shopping area just across the road.

I would obviously want some shots from even higher elevation, perhaps using a longer lens - and particularly if that solves any access or legal issues.
Any suggestions for other hidden picturesque Birmingham location are also very welcome (please no gritty, derelict locations).

I went to Brmingham to phoptograph the "Bullring" I was moved on by security, claiming I could be seen as a Terrorist

20 years in 2 Para and I'm considered a Terrorist because I carry and expensive camera WTF ? :muted: :muted:

I did mange this though- before I was asked to leave :(

Les

28798200413_dac5403367_o by Les Moxon, on Flickr

I guess there is not a single image possible in Birmingham. Oh well....

well... having lived there (pre-photographic interested but still), can't say I was a big fan.

Here's a couple from trip to NEC last year. I was there for a conference so I made the best out of little time I had at night.
40085774440_1d47649f33_b.jpg

40994226895_1b23fe1718_b.jpg

40085768650_9df1f3c61c_b.jpg

I went to Brmingham to phoptograph the "Bullring" I was moved on by security, claiming I could be seen as a Terrorist

20 years in 2 Para and I'm considered a Terrorist because I carry and expensive camera WTF ? :muted: :muted:

I did mange this though- before I was asked to leave :(

Les

28798200413_dac5403367_o by Les Moxon, on Flickr
I was also moved on, but was allowed to stand behind the bollards 20' behind me.
I was told, no photography inside of the bollards. But judging by all of the camera phone on display, it only seems to apply to "proper" cameras.

That's so true. Ad I was there literally dozens of tourists took photos using mobile phones. When I asked how this was being allowed to continue the Security man said yes but we cant stop that. I was truly amazed. So I took a photograph of HIM. He was not pleased. But it made me smile

I was also moved on, but was allowed to stand behind the bollards 20' behind me.
I was told, no photography inside of the bollards. But judging by all of the camera phone on display, it only seems to apply to "proper" cameras.
The rationale does seem odd between camera types. I suspect that the phone thing would be very difficult to police for the security teams and having the Bullring instagrammed to death is good for marketing and they can also control all commercial photography by moving DLSRs users on.

Quite a different rationale in New Street Station / Grand Central which is surprising, being a major transport hub and more susceptible to "attack" that although they do have police on duty that will challenge if you set up a tripod, you can ask for a 30-60 min "pass" from the office to be ok'd to photo in there.

Grand Central has the same owners as Bullring.

have a look at the stuff Verity Milligan does. Mainly central Bham based

Yep, very interesting portfolio and a lot of pics were clearly shot during some real estate jobs from high rise towers. It is something I had a chance to do a few times, but you are at the mercy of conditions and the window direction even if you manage to stretch the time past the sunset - there is more or less no coming back.

Back