Bumble bee on flower

Nice but for me the Bee is overpowered in the shot by the flower head.

Somehow, :agree:

Through a layer adjustment, one could brush in
some black recovery to raise the tonal value, Alf.

Really, a cool take!

Nice but for me the Bee is overpowered in the shot by the flower head.

Thanks for the comment raincloud
Somehow, :agree:

Through a layer adjustment, one could brush in
some black recovery to raise the tonal value, Alf.

Really, a cool take!

Thanks Kodiak it has already had some adjustment to bring out detail in the bee but I will look again

Nice :)

EDIT. ... and I clicked like.

Thanks Charles

The flower and bee work together nicely for me Alf.

I think there is a bit more lurking in the darkness that could be brought out. Interesting as to whether it is just the bee or the dark purple areas too. I tried global adjustments and that affected both, but it got rather complicated and I wasn't sure I really liked the result. Brushing in some shadow recovery on the bee was quite simple though (in Lightroom). As to whether it needs any of that ... I'll be interested to see what you think when you try it Alf. There are personal taste issues I think.

The flower and bee work together nicely for me Alf.

I think there is a bit more lurking in the darkness that could be brought out. Interesting as to whether it is just the bee or the dark purple areas too. I tried global adjustments and that affected both, but it got rather complicated and I wasn't sure I really liked the result. Brushing in some shadow recovery on the bee was quite simple though (in Lightroom). As to whether it needs any of that ... I'll be interested to see what you think when you try it Alf. There are personal taste issues I think.
Thanks Nick
I will have look when I get chance and see what I can do.

Back