Burnham beeches

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
The weather was rain and plenty of it, so I decided on a trip to the woods and see what was about. The colours were beautiful with the different greens and new life erupting.
It took a while to find these trees lit through the canopy but difficult to keep the lens and polariser clear from the water droplets.

The enlightened tree by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

Couldn't quite this right in camera but it was a beautiful scene of the beech tree being lit with a beam of light.
Beech tree by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

The weather was rain and plenty of it, so I decided on a trip to the woods and see what was about.
I too prefer to go out when all rush in!
The colours were beautiful with the different greens and new life erupting.
… and the smell of it all, intoxicating!
It took a while to find these trees lit through the canopy
…but you had the best of times, I'm sure.

Could you elaborate on the PP on these Paul?
Could you post a SOOC version?

A very nice pair of images (y)

I too prefer to go out when all rush in!

… and the smell of it all, intoxicating!

…but you had the best of times, I'm sure.

Could you elaborate on the PP on these Paul?
Could you post a SOOC version?

There was no special PP really as I'm pretty rubbish at it. Just warmed up the image with usual lightroom tools, and a vignette to draw the eye in.

Lovely images Paul, like the PP choice also
Cheers Stuart.

A very nice pair of images (y)
Thanks Jak.

These vingettes...OMG...NO!!!

I know I hate them as a compositional device but these take the biscuit as they are so heavy and obvious. It has been said vingettes help to focus and direct ones eye into the part of the frame. In some respect the vingettes acheive that simply as they've rendered the sides of the frame dark and hard to see but I sense the compositions are strong enough not to have to rely on such a lack of subtlety.

The colours are nice, particularly with the 1st and the lovely vibrant greens of the early summer. Its a gorgeous time of year and some of the images on this board, including these, put to bed the notion that summer isn't a great time of year for shooting.

In short, I'd lose the vingettes. They're really quite ugly.

These vingettes...OMG...NO!!!

I know I hate them as a compositional device but these take the biscuit as they are so heavy and obvious. It has been said vingettes help to focus and direct ones eye into the part of the frame. In some respect the vingettes acheive that simply as they've rendered the sides of the frame dark and hard to see but I sense the compositions are strong enough not to have to rely on such a lack of subtlety.

The colours are nice, particularly with the 1st and the lovely vibrant greens of the early summer. Its a gorgeous time of year and some of the images on this board, including these, put to bed the notion that summer isn't a great time of year for shooting.

In short, I'd lose the vingettes. They're really quite ugly.

Thanks for your input Steve, I take it you don't like vignettes :naughty: .

Back