Beginner Burnt Out Car

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Last week some little s**t stole my Fiesta ST, the police found the car a day or so later and we went to look at it before recovery. Needless to say it's destroyed.
I decided to take some pictures and was just looking for some feedback.

905A6692 by David Malpas, on Flickr
905A6682 by David Malpas, on Flickr

His David. Sorry to hear about your car. The second picture is very cool I think. Like the composition and the processing. The tracks add great context. For whatever reason I like the two strips of yellow as well. Not sure the first one has enough contrast to capture the carnage personally. Maybe a similar look to the second one would be worth comparing .

My commiserations to the end of a great car. How did they steal it, get the keys?

The first one as black and white isn't gritty enough. In applying the processing you've lost a lot of detail. I might have been tempted to take an image from slightly higher to also show it's route down the track, tell the story a bit more.
Second one is good as it shows it in it's final resting place. Again not sure about the processing, I think you could pull detail from the blacks.

Thanks for the feedback I'm finding the whole post processing game hard so all criticism is welcome.

Police believe they took it on a truck. The car was stripped. Parts of the engine missing, the interior, wheels. The car was in mint condition so it looks like it was stolen for the parts.

Love the second photo. The composition and post processing is spot on. How did you achieve the effect in post processing if you don't mind sharing?

Back