Bushy Park Rut

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Sunday morning in Bushy Park for sunrise then deer. I was first in through the gate from the Teddington side, I was stunned by the convoy of cars that poured in a few minutes later when the Hampton court gate was opened!!!

I tried to get a few different shots to the usual closeups of bellowing stags, as enjoyable as they are!

A couple here for constructive C&C.

Thanks

Alan

Spotlight by Alan, on Flickr

Bad hair day by Alan, on Flickr

I like the very theatrical presence in your first take…
but the rendition is not convincing me.

Alan

Bushy park is busy every weekend but I was also surprised by the number of photographers. Maybe due to the gates not opening til 8 in the week and the weather. It was a shame it was more fog than mist.

The first has a very good dramatic feel but the deer is a little bit lost in the picture. I like the approach you took though.

The second is clear and sharp and the bracken on head a bonus.

Alan

Bushy park is busy every weekend but I was also surprised by the number of photographers. Maybe due to the gates not opening til 8 in the week and the weather. It was a shame it was more fog than mist.

The first has a very good dramatic feel but the deer is a little bit lost in the picture. I like the approach you took though.

Thanks Martin, it was a good morning for it, as you say, mist was a bit thick!

Alan

Pedestrian gates are currently open 24 hours and vehicle gates open about 6.30am all the time. Its is only 8am when the cull is on in September and November.

Really like that third shot Alan.

Stephen

Back