Name
Fred Dawson LRPS
Edit My Images
Yes
Wharf-samll.jpg

First stab at HDR processed in Photomatrix and Photoshop CS3

Fantastic 'first stab'!!!

I like it :)

Just realised this was in Indepth Critique section so let me add more!

I think it does say HDR but as Rob says below it doesn't shout it, if I were to to change anything I'd introduce a little sharpening, not much - just a touch, and a very slight rotation of about .5 to 1 degree CW.

The colours are great, the brick work has been served well by the HDR in my eyes!

Not much you can criticise about this one! The HDR is subtle enough not to shout HDR at you. The composition is good and so is the exposure. Looking for problems the lens distortion has given the buildings on the left an odd lean. Apart from that - good shot :)

Was this just one RAW shot? I spend a lot of time at the marinas, some lovely sunrises / sunsets. However, with 3 different shots always concerned that the masts may have moved with the waves, or a bird in the background flying etc.

How do you overcome these types of things?

Noticed the bird appears static - as does the water so I assume one shot?

Good attempt :)

Yes a single image shot in raw and coverted to from Canon CR format to DNG in Lightroom thenprocessed directly by Photomatrix saved as a JPEg and tweaked in Photoshop using curves. I presume that Photomatrix uses the full range of data in the RAw file. I know that in Lightroom your are able to adjust exposure +/- 3 I suspect this facility is used within Photomatrix to tone-map the image file

Fantastic shot - the lighting is stunning as others have said doesn't scream HDR

More please (y)

Back