Butter Rock

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Popped down to Dorset on Saturday afternoon to meet up with a friend and hopefully photograph sunset.
The sunset was a washout, with a heavy sea fog lingering and bringing with it a downpour.

We wandered down to Durdle Door and walked along the beach, where we found this sea stack by Bats Head, which I've since been informed is called Butter Rock.
Was glad when the Seagull landed on top and stayed put for the length of my exposure.

Sea Stack by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

Comments/Crit welcomed.

I see a face on the LHS and its wearing a hat... (Possibly dunce hat lol)

Very nice basic image do wonder if a little more contrast would improve it but not sure.

I see a face on the LHS and its wearing a hat... (Possibly dunce hat lol)

Very nice basic image do wonder if a little more contrast would improve it but not sure.
I agree with the comments that it needs more contrast. Its just a little bit flat in terms of lighting too.
Thanks. Much more contrast would just darken the rock and brighten the background further. I like the balance at present.
I like it Jake, be even better without the signature logo thingy.
Thanks, a necessary evil.

Perfect! My kind of shot and my fav place even through touristy during summer.

I love this, and don't see a need for more contrast.
The rock reminds me of an Easter Island head :)

The signature is in a horrible place though....just ruins it.

Lovely photo the way it is, but agree with the logo comments, I thought it was a tiny boat steaming past originally.....

Perfect! My kind of shot and my fav place even through touristy during summer.
Lovely photo the way it is, but agree with the logo comments, I thought it was a tiny boat steaming past originally.....
I love this, and don't see a need for more contrast.
The rock reminds me of an Easter Island head :)

The signature is in a horrible place though....just ruins it.
Thanks all.
Obviously the signature isn't in the high res versions, normally it's in the corners, but it's too bright and it gets lost.

Back