Butterflies and Bees

JPS

Edit My Images
Yes
The wife and I had to go over to Wales this week for a funeral, hoping that we may get a day to ourselves I took down the trusty Sony and everything else I may need to capture the beauty of Tenby. Anyway, It wasn't to be and I only managed to stop off at Pen-Clawdd on Gower for 15 mins or so on the long drive home. Here is the best of the bunch from that short stop over.

Wales.jpg

Moving on to Friday and back home the weather was just as good as it had been in Pembrokeshire for the past few days. So I headed out to our local country park - Normanby Hall - and armed with my Vivitar macro, I thought it was time to get some close up flower shots - and anything else that may be flying around. There was no wind in the air and these were hand held. Personally I think these are some of my best shots to date - you may think otherwise though....... I was well chuffed with them.

Bee.jpg

Bee2-1.jpg

Bee3.jpg

Butterfly.jpg

Butterfly2.jpg

Let me know what you think.......

I'm guessing from your previous photo's on TP and from your website that macro isn't an area of photography that you've spent much time on, very well done! (y)

If I had to pick a favourite I'd have to say the 1st bee one.

Edit; Must get out to Normanby Hall next time my fella's home (contract aircraft engineer :() or I suppose I could get my old bike out. They've got deer and ducks and other Living Creatures there haven't they ;)

:agree: with Susane that first bee shot is a corker ... :clap: ... and the first of the Peacock is also pdg imgo ... (y)

:p

Thanks lads and lasses for your kind comments.

You're right Susane, macro isn't an area that I have spent much time on. I got a bit dis-heartened when my shots kept coming back OOF due to movement by wind etc at the moment I fired the shutter. Yesterday though was pretty still so I thought I may as well have another go. I did get few shots of the deer and ducks etc. I may put one up later on here.

Agree #2 is very nice! and the other bugs are pretty good too.

That first one is quite hard to look at - all the buildings on the left look like they are about to fall over! Guess it is a mixture of being level and wide angle lens distortion.

The first butterlfy for me!

Really like all of them but that first bee is a corker! :love: love it a lot!!!!!!!!!

Back