Buttermere clouds and reflections

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Composition wise 1 and 2 are superb.

Nothing wrong with these and during the winter the trees are bare/brown and the grasses aren't green so it's all a bit depressing colour wise. Winter needs snow imho. These are fine.
Thanks Steve.

hi Alf
rorschach rides again...no 1 and 2..they are psychological shapes...the darkness can bring out the subconscious..colour cant or tends to relate to the conscious
not sure if we dream in colour..since we forget quickly it doesnt matter

no 3 is dominating...
as asked above...can you show these in the base version...irrespective
cheers
geof

ps got a really funny story about the R test...its a pm one though
only for psychotics
cheers
feog

wrong place

Last edited:
Hi Alf, long time no hear.
Shame about the jpeg setting, these in colour would have been nice with contrasting hues of brown, yellow and orange coming through but all is not lost with the mono treatment.

Thanks Scott I have been shooting much smaller things lately
When I arrived I was fancying some mono shots and these Jpegs are mono I did shoot some colour shot but I was happy wit these. I have to admit prefering the colours of winter to those of summer but maybe that is because of the cliche shots I used to see as a kid. Colour shots would be another thread another day.

hi Alf
rorschach rides again...no 1 and 2..they are psychological shapes...the darkness can bring out the subconscious..colour cant or tends to relate to the conscious
not sure if we dream in colour..since we forget quickly it doesnt matter

no 3 is dominating...
as asked above...can you show these in the base version...irrespective
cheers
geof

ps got a really funny story about the R test...its a pm one though
only for psychotics
cheers
feog

Thanks Geof

Nice set there Alf, especially No.3 which is a beauty in mono. Is No.3 taken from across the lake and above the line of trees of No.1?

Top of your new to do workflow --> JPEG & RAW check :whistle:

Thanks Scott I have been shooting much smaller things lately
When I arrived I was fancying some mono shots and these Jpegs are mono I did shoot some colour shot but I was happy wit these. I have to admit prefering the colours of winter to those of summer but maybe that is because of the cliche shots I used to see as a kid. Colour shots would be another thread another day.
It's easily done. I often apply the mono setting to live view if intending to take mono to get a sense of how it may look with regards to textures and tones. Summer is a bit meh for me, foliage mostly the same shade of green isn't conducive to the type of pictures I enjoy taking. That's not snobbery or elitist, it's preference. :)

Nice set there Alf, especially No.3 which is a beauty in mono. Is No.3 taken from across the lake and above the line of trees of No.1?

Top of your new to do workflow --> JPEG & RAW check :whistle:

Thanks Paul
#3 was shot from the shore where #1 was shot.
The workflow to do is check settings at the start of shooting.
It's easily done. I often apply the mono setting to live view if intending to take mono to get a sense of how it may look with regards to textures and tones. Summer is a bit meh for me, foliage mostly the same shade of green isn't conducive to the type of pictures I enjoy taking. That's not snobbery or elitist, it's preference. :)

Scott
I know what you mean about summer colours.

Back