Buttermere reflection

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
I had been above Buttermere looking down from High Snockrigg taking some shots looking for angles in the afternoon and then went to Buttermere for a cuppa and snadwich when I tought I take a chance going to the other end of the lake but not expecting much other than a crowd which I found.
While sitting there wishing for quieter times like I will no doubt see this presented itself which for 14:24 hrs is not bad.

Buttermere afternoon light by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Lovely light hitting those trees Alf, and a very nice reflection. Good job you waited for that light!

I agree with everyone else

Very nice, only thing I would do there would clean up the small white specks visible in the water reflection.

Thanks Mark I hadnt noticed the flecks

Not bad at all at that time of day alf, nice work (y)

Thanks stuart

Very nice indeed

Thanks James

Lovely job Alf. Better light than I had last Friday and you made the most of it buddy

Thanks Rich I was looking for higher vantage points but saw an pportunity and went for it.

Lovely light hitting those trees Alf, and a very nice reflection. Good job you waited for that light!

Thanks Steve I waited while crowds paased and through stones and let dogs splash about.

I love that.

Thanks Stvee

I agree with everyone else

Thanks ohn

Really nice, great light for the time of day!

Thanks Steve the mix of clouds and autumn colour help

If everything goes to plan I will be there this time next week. Will be well happy to come away with a shot like this.

I love that.
So do I:).
BTW it is a favourite place for me (and I just have to mention the Trout hotel at Cockermouth: great base for exploring this beautiful neck of the woods).

Wonderful light for the time of day.

I have next Friday off and am tempted to head back up to the Lakes for a sunrise :)

Cheers.

I was happy to get a short Ray of light and calm water as it was dull and the water was broken mostly.
I am off next Friday too.
So do I:).
BTW it is a favourite place for me (and I just have to mention the Trout hotel at Cockermouth: great base for exploring this beautiful neck of the woods).

Thanks
I will stick home as my base it's just as close and cheaper.

Great reflections and light, especially given the time of day you took it!

Great reflections and light, especially given the time of day you took it!

Thanks Stu

Agree with the comments above - the light on the trees helps make this a great photo

Thanks Dave

The light on the trees was waited for and hoped fo it was a bonus the gap in the clouds was small and the lake stayed calm for a few minutes but changable weather is great IMO

Back