Critique Buttermere, sunrise reflections

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I had a stunning morning at Buttermere, though reflections came and went a number of times so it was a test of patience to get the near perfect reflection.

1, I decided to shoot this quite wide to get the best light from sunrise. The clouds were also catching some nice colour.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2haLQX8]Buttermere, Haystacks Reflection by Thomas Green, on Flickr[/URL]

2, Couldn't resist turning the camera 90 degrees to get this shot, makes a lovely composition in its own right in my opinion.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hb3EN2]Buttermere Reflections by Thomas Green, on Flickr[/URL]

Any comments or CC would be appreciated.

EDIT - Both of these were single RAW files, no bracketing or filters.

Thanks

Last edited:
Liking #2 - great colour. I’m back there in a few weeks, all being well. Hoping for some still mornings like this.

Mornings like this do not come along that often - perfect reflections, nice light and a good sky. It's a special recipe that god doesn't serve up often. I prefer Scotland to the Lakes, and the Alps/Pyrenees to Scotland but I'd have LOVED to have been there that morning.

I normally don't covet other peoples images but these...my lord exceptional conditions beyond belief. The OP has captured and rendered them beautifully.

Last edited:
great shots

Thank you!

These are the best pictures of Buttermere to grace this forum.

Fantastic work - superlative even

Wow, that's an immense compliment, thank you.

It was well worth the night sleeping in the car!

Liking #2 - great colour. I’m back there in a few weeks, all being well. Hoping for some still mornings like this.

Thanks, it's a stunning place - hope the conditions work out well for you.

Really nice and perfect conditions, which do not come along that often. Lovely!

Thank you.

Two absolute cracking shots well worth the wait.

Thanks very much (y)

Fine images Tom. Very fond of this place. It's interesting to see how it looks in the Summer having never been there before in this season.

Stunning shots Tom and good work on being there in conditions like this

Back