Buzzard in Flight

great set

A couple I was lucky to get on Sunday.

BS that is… Luck, in this case, has no role to play… BS!
You were doing the right thing at the right time and the right place.
The luck part is the fly by of the bird but not the quality of the shot.

BS that is… Luck, in this case, has no role to play… BS!
You were doing the right thing at the right time and the right place.
The luck part is the fly by of the bird but not the quality of the shot.
Thanks Kodiak. I'll take that as a compliment to my skills . But I feel like I was lucky when they flew close enough to me to be able to get these. They were very aware of me and tried to avoid me by keeping their distance.

I'll take that as a compliment to my skills .

Any other way?

My old teacher thought me if you really want to learn,
recognise your good work — no stupid false modesty,
and recognise your mistakes with absolutely no mercy.

Two “Cracking” shots Sir, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

CONGRATULATIONS
for the front page, buddy!

:);):cool::p:D:rolleyes::beer::nikon::clap:

Wow I'm humbled to achieve this. Thanks admin
Nice clear well exposed images, a simple but at times, a very difficult to achieve, background, what's not to like?
(Besides I have a soft spot for Buzzards :D )

With that sky 'n' subject it's an image that within a group of thumbnails, I would click first. Not dissimilar to Kodiak's "common gull" , just love the subtle, natural colours of birds like this.

Two crackers Gil :)

Great clarity, colours, exposure and lighting. Very well made photographs.
cheers.

Thanks everybody!! Thanks @Cobra

They are fantastic birds to watch - and I have a spot where I go to see a pair and a juvenile. It's quite funny, because the juvenile is getting to know me. It doesn't venture far from the original nesting site but instead stays perched calling for it's parents all day long (I'm assuming to bring food, but I'm sure it's old enough to find it for itself). It has started dive bombing towards me from high up - but not to within a close distance. I'm hoping I'll get the opportunity of some playful flying again on my future visits. I've noticed that the juvenile seems to play fight with it's parents in the sky too, and sometimes I see it harassing it's parents before a brief 'talon lock' and continuing to fly together. Hopefully I'll get to capture more of their behaviour in the future.

Hey Gil how come I wasn't as lucky with that lens :p

Love the lens!! I've had so much joy with it. Thanks very much for such a good copy!! :):ty:

Reactions: BJP
Back