Buzzard under attack....

Nice action shots Russ, often see the crows chasing off the raptors, once saw one tackling a Goshawk, though the Goshawk did turn the tables! :)

Nice action shots Russ, often see the crows chasing off the raptors, once saw one tackling a Goshawk, though the Goshawk did turn the tables! :)
- many thanks Roger :)
- I only managed to catch some of the action here, because it must have lasted a good couple of minutes before I was fully alerted to the dog-fight. The crow was quite brave, presumably protecting against predation by our resident Buzzard!

Russ

Nicely caught Russ (y)
- Cheers Chris glad you like 'em :)
- this squabble in the sky over YWP prompted me to walk around there today to see whether I could get someone to say when they might re-open. Nobody was available for comment! I'm not even sure that the current entrance will remain available when YWP does finally open, as I suspect they'll only use the new entrance in the new extension - that will be a nuisance for me as its a car journey rather than a 10min walk!!

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt Hancock was asked about Chester Zoo re-opening at the Coronavirus Update today ... complete non-answer unfortunately.

Nice capture Russ, something I see on a regular basis ( when I don't have a camera with me ) :)

Les

I'm not really surprised TBH.
There is a fair chance they don't know either ... shame :(
Cheers Chris :)
- I'm sure you're correct, but it was worth asking!
Matt Hancock was asked about Chester Zoo re-opening at the Coronavirus Update today ... complete non-answer unfortunately.
- Yes I saw the programme too Roger. I'm not sure how zoos/wildlife parks will cope in the short term - along with many other businesses of course! :)
Nice capture Russ, something I see on a regular basis ( when I don't have a camera with me ) Les
- Cheers Les :)
- excuses! excuses!!

Russ

I very jealous you caught that shot. I often see it happing where I am in Hampshire. I’ve never understood why the buzzards don’t turn around and have them. The crows keep at them for a long time, even when it’s trying to fly away. They are very protective of their young..

I very jealous you caught that shot. I often see it happing where I am in Hampshire. I’ve never understood why the buzzards don’t turn around and have them. The crows keep at them for a long time, even when it’s trying to fly away. They are very protective of their young..
- many thanks Leroy, glad you like them :)
- I heard the squabble before I bothered to look skyward, then ran for my camera and let off a few grab shots before the crow flew away. Camera settings were not ideal, but I'm happy enough with the result!

Russ

Back