BWC Workshop

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anybody done one of the workshops at BWC run by Bob Brind-Surch?

I've just booked one for the 19th, and wondered what the feedback was like. I've been to BWC a number of times, but the idea of getting inside the enclosures with some of the animals was rather tempting.

The stuff on his website looked quite good, so I decided to take the plunge.

Never been to one of the workshops as such, had a day with the keepers which was great fun, you normally go in with foxes, otters and wildcats

The runs there are pretty good for photography anyway, but being inside with the animals is good, just wear clothes you don't mind getting
muddy, you will be lying down at times and it has been pretty wet down here :)

just wear clothes you don't mind getting
muddy, you will be lying down at times and it has been pretty wet down here :)

This is essential! I went on a photography day there and slipped over on treacherous mud in the otter enclosure. I turned up at my B&B so filthy and smelling so bad that they kindly gave me a bin bag for my clothes! [emoji23]

I think I'll take my waterproof over-trousers and jacket. That way I can just turn it all inside out and put it in a bag in the car. A picnic blanket may work also...

Thanks both for the tip...

tarpaulin more like :)

OK, let me rephrase: "An old picnic blanket may work also"... Weather for next week is looking good, so I'm hoping it's not too muddy. I really want to get some decent shots of the animals you can't get that close to normally. Looking forward to spending time in with a Wildcat, that's for sure. :D

Ive done and enjoyed BWC and did look at doing the day with Bob, especially as its runs into the evening so better light hopefully. I couldnt get dates to work so wil go to a std BWC tog day again.

I am waiting on a reply from him re more Wolf dates tho....

Well I had a good day today, over 1,000 frames taken. Lots of sorting to do! :eek:

I didn't pick up a huge amount of new knowledge, but I enjoyed the day, getting into the enclosures was really good. Am now talking to him about maybe doing one of his African trips...

Back