Critique Cacti B&W

Name
Steve (Being Kind)
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken with the D610 and 85mm f1.8 @f2.8 didn't look right in color and i think I have cropped to much of the bottom of the cacti. Thoughts?

Not sure why you would think you'd cropped too much off the bottom? It's obvious what it is and I think it looks great, any chance we could see the colour version?

The b&w workers well, especially with the rear lighting, but assuming this is taken at home I'd have used a dark/black background as it's a little messy. If you can't control that then could you do it in post?

The b&w workers well, especially with the rear lighting, but assuming this is taken at home I'd have used a dark/black background as it's a little messy. If you can't control that then could you do it in post?

Shot in the local parks green house, could do it in post yes.(y)

I prefer the b&w version myself, less distracting on the background and you can pick up all the details with the tighter crop. The border works well gives it a mounted frame look.

Huuuuummmm! Nice…

Steve, good images .. for me the border, (both) are just too big and dominant for the image ..... the border some how give (me) a feeling of restriction

maybe more space around them would help me not to feel this "restriction"

I'd go for the B & W because it emphasises the OOF more

for me the border, (both) are just too big and dominant for the image

I can go a bit overboard with the borders.:) seems to be my marmite tastes, I do like chunkiness, ask the mrs...............:exit:

Back