Cader Idris

First thing I see this morning, a treat! Thank you.

Beautiful light in these Rory, particularly the first shot .(y)

Two very nice images Rory, the first one is pushing all of the buttons.(y)

George.

Number 2 for me. Superb clarity, lovely pastel colour and a tremendous reflection.

Hi There Rory
I love the POV in number one, and that dappled light falling across the land, and that natural spotlight hitting the farm is lovely.
No2 has just wonderful light, lovely colour hitting the foothills and reflected in the water and cloud, must have been lovely to be there!

The conditions look great in both, I really love the spot lighting in number 1. I feel both lack a strong focal point though, like a distinctive building or tree in number 1 - to improve what you have here I think a portrait crop using the very left side would work the elements better, and accentuate the tree in the top left corner. There would also be a lovely s shape of the treeline at the bottom of the frame. In number 2 I reckon you've tried to fit a bit too much in - the reflections and sky are nice but you have two points competing for attention, being the island with trees on the right and the shoreline on the left. Maybe try a square crop and use the stronger focal point of the island and try and recover a bit from the shadow areas.

The conditions look great in both, I really love the spot lighting in number 1. I feel both lack a strong focal point though, like a distinctive building or tree in number 1 - to improve what you have here I think a portrait crop using the very left side would work the elements better, and accentuate the tree in the top left corner. There would also be a lovely s shape of the treeline at the bottom of the frame. In number 2 I reckon you've tried to fit a bit too much in - the reflections and sky are nice but you have two points competing for attention, being the island with trees on the right and the shoreline on the left. Maybe try a square crop and use the stronger focal point of the island and try and recover a bit from the shadow areas.

Thanks for the feedback. Agree with the focal point issue in shot 2.

Brings back memories I remember sleeping on top of Cader in the shelter. Not very comfortable from what I remember!

Back