Yes
Back from hols with some pic to share. Hooray!!!1 :D

cala_saint_vince_01.jpg

cala_saint_vince_03.jpg

cala_saint_vince_02.jpg

More to follow sometime soon.

Cheers,

Mohain

#1 for me, looks like the start of the end of the world, nice set of pics..
look a tad dark, was this morning??

Thanks Ken & Boon :) Was taken at 8pm just after sundown (exif is incorrect as I didn't allow for the time difference).

They do look a bit dark on my monitor here at work, but I put it down to an uncalibrated monitor and the fact that I have wall sized windows all around me here. They look OK on my home monitor, which has been calibrated only by eye. I'd be interested to know how they look on a properly calibrated monitor. Can anyone let me know please?

I guess I need to shell out for some hardware. Oh the expense of it all!!!

The first one is the dogs danglies, my first thought was the same as Boons, it's like something out of a sci-fi film.

My monitor isn't properly calibrated per se. But they do look a little dark here.

Not too much though, they do fit just after an 8pm time, with an imminent sunset.

Lovely photos (y) The place looks gorgeous.

What everyone else said & where is this place btw (for the geographically challenged) - Paul (y)

I like them all. They do appear a little dark, but I think it suits the shots. The moodiness of the shots would be lost if they were brightened imo.

Nice shots, well processed. 3rd one is my fave (like the waves) (y)

Is that the hotel don pedro on the left of the 2nd and 3rd pics?

Cracking shots, dark and brooding (y)

I stayed there a few years ago, but at the time the camera I had didn't have enough manual control to get shots anywhere close to that.

Yes it is digitalfailure :) I've got more from around the island I'll be posting up soon.

Cheers for the comments folks :)

We had some great late night lightning storms when we were there. Nice and quiet with a cracking italian place above 5 mins walk from that location.

Was Dell's little reliant van still there ?
It seems every spanish resort has to have a yellow trotter's van parked up on the main drag :D

Mohain, from the other forum? :D We all seem to be moving here, haha.. Good stuff.

These are amazing shots.

Nos 1 and 3 are great. Would like to know what pp you have done.

Ray

1 and 3 for me too, but if I had to choose it would be No1. The sunlight on the cliiffs is beautiful and contrasts nicely with the more subdued foreground. Great sky too. :)

Very nice those. Feel if it was me shooting them I would be wishing for a more wider angle.

Back