Calderdale at dawn

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
I have to share credit with a First Officer for this shot....Shortly after take-off, with him flying, after take-off checks complete and cleared direct to a point on the south coast, he told me I was shooting out the wrong window...I was taking a shot through the windscreen (which turned out a bit rubbish) ;this scene was slightly behind on my side, and I managed to get a shot through the rearmost window while we turned south..

Edge of tomorrow by Jon, on Flickr

Last edited:
Interesting shot (y) Do you know which mast that is on the left ? I'm struggling to recognise any landmarks

Interesting shot (y) Do you know which mast that is on the left ? I'm struggling to recognise any landmarks

The tower is Emley Moor. The town on the right is Huddersfield. My bad, I guess the area is more Kirklees than Calderdale.

Last edited:
The tower is Emley Moor. The town on the right is Huddersfield. My bad, I guess the area is more Kirklees than Calderdale.

No problem Jon, I did wonder if it was Emely Moor looking over Huddersfield but couldn't spot Castle Hill. I also wondered if it was the communication mast at Windy Hill, Rishworth Moor but couldn't spot owt I recognised.

Having never flown, I've got quite a fascination with aerial shots like this, very good (y)

Thanks for posting something a bit different, not necessarily on this forum but we are starting to see quite a few drone images but this is the next level up.

Back